Oldest OS you've used?

What model? I have a really interesting one. The 400's all had a membrane keyboard, but for some reason, mine has a mechanical one. It doesn't appear to be aftermarket either.

Pretty sure it's a 130XE, but it's boxed up and is actually in my brother's closet, so I can't look.

I do have this in here though:
1265156852.jpg

Installed and used DOS 3.21 just yesterday in class. It was a nightmare to just install the mouse and CDROM drive... But then I only just learned DOS commands last semester. The oldest version of Windows I used was a Pre-95, but I don't remember the exact version. We had an old IBM desktop system running it until we finally got a modern family computer w/ XP in 2002. :p Oldest version I like to use is Windows 2k Pro. I tried to install that on most of my P2-P3 systems I got and it always ran good.

Pretty sure it's a 130XE, but it's boxed up and is actually in my brother's closet, so I can't look.

oh. thats a newer one then. I always wanted to get my hands on one of those dual-chip 8088/6502a ones, but there are only a few in existence.

I'll try to post some pics of min tomorrow. Theyre at my dads house...

EDIT: my 400 is similar to this, though the keyboard isn't so ratty and out-of-place.
400keys.jpg

versus this which is how its supposed to look.
atari400.jpg

yuck! that keyboard is awful. My dad has one of them thats taken apart... I couldn't typw worth a damn on it....

Back
Top Bottom