closed-minded 'experts'

I agree with you there. I gave my opinion on the closed minded experts, and the Mac Vs PC. So, either we close it, or we get back to where we were.

PC - variety & affordability

Mac - up-time reliability.

if the laptops go down on us during a show, or even a live performance (yes im a musician and a sound tech) the whole thing grinds to a halt. Before we started using Macbooks. these problems were common enough, since even with 4GB of DDR3 Ram, the controls programs we were using were too heavy on the system and often ended in crashes. We decided we need to either upgrade to higher spec laptops, but when confronted with a price of about £700 each to upgrade to laptops capable of live-show use, we decided to go Mac for the added reliability and customer support.

im sure this would make sense to anyone whos ever conducted a computer-based live performance.
This really depends on the brand of the PC though, doesn't it? An Acer's reliability is going do be vastly different from something like a Sager.

ALSO, mutant corn, would you be the same mutant corn from UG?
That I would!
cheers.gif

Who're you?

I agree with you there. I gave my opinion on the closed minded experts, and the Mac Vs PC. So, either we close it, or we get back to where we were.
+1 - I more or less said this a page or so back...

That's totally right, I only ever argue with people if it's about Windows or PC parts...but never OS's I don't know about. It ticks me off when people pull things out of the air thinking they know more about something when you do...or when they know you're right and just make up random facts to try to back-up their argument.

I can say I am pretty ignorant to PC's/OS's BUT it's all a learning experience, and I love it.

That's totally right, I only ever argue with people if it's about Windows or PC parts...but never OS's I don't know about. It ticks me off when people pull things out of the air thinking they know more about something when you do...or when they know you're right and just make up random facts to try to back-up their argument.

I can say I am pretty ignorant to PC's/OS's BUT it's all a learning experience, and I love it.
When I pull things out like that, I normally say it's a guess, and I still keep it to what's logic in my head. It's like the garage man said to my pal's friend: The starter is screwed because of the interior light is fried. I just...laughed.

Silver-spear94.

i probably wont be back on UG for a while, its cost me too many exam results already. :p
Dang...I would never expect that to happen :p But tell me...what is UG?

You know? I call myself a "geek". I say I'm good with computer. Well, here's the truth: I CAN CODE. That's all. I can't even figure out how to install stuff on Ubuntu. :'(

Back
Top Bottom