Suggest Tutorials

I Havn't bee pulling my weight around here lately (Mainly Posting in social Section only) so im going to write some tutorials! So far the only one confirmed is how to setup an FTP Server.

Any suggestions?

It seems that we don't have a good build guide...
All we have is one saying 'buy this'

It would be good for new members if you perhaps made a better one explaining how to match parts, etc. because I have seen lots of newbies who had no clue lately.

How about a tutorial explaining how to set up internet connection sharing via broadband router, wireless router, etc...

Yes. And one on ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). I see posts about both of these all the time in the networking section.

There's LOADS of tutorials and articles that would be of use. Even simple things like how to boot into safe mode, disable automatic restarts when there's a BSOD and so on would stop people having to repeat things over and over again. There's a whole load of linux ones that could be of use - setting up file servers, mythtv setups, that sort of thing.

I wrote one a while back on starting out with programming (stickied in the programming section.) Encouraging more of these would be good - it's one of the main reasons why I suggested a wiki where they could all be brought together and referenced with better organisation / accessibility.

I think if we had the wiki going (don't know the status on this) then we could have simple tutorials like that sorted out easily and leave way for the big tutorials like FTP servering etc to be built too

Right! So a Part Matching Tutorial AND an FTP Server Tutorial! That's the 2 for now,i may do some others in the future. Though a wiki would be good for all these tuts we have lyeing around.

Back
Top Bottom