improve the ipad

I hope they allow for than four columns of apps on one page. Being able to put apps in a folder would be pretty cool too, so you could have games, utilities, etc. in their own individual named folder.

I wonder if they will add support for downloading files from the internet like you would on a computer.

Have you stopped to think it may be due to software? Just because a phone has the latest features doesn't necessarily mean it's the best phone. You need to pay attention to how it's implemented, which frankly, Apple has succeeded in doing.
I think the issue of wether the impleinmentation is a sucess is one that is debateable . In terms of the phone market apple has android as a major compettitor which personally i share the notion of other posters in this thread in saying android is a much better operating system than apples

As for this Tablet , I dont really think its a sucess , i can see why some people would buy one as the latest must have gadget but i cant think of anyone who would have a real use for this that couldnt be fulfilled by a product already out there .your limited to apps from the apple store , it only runs apps it wont let you run "real" software which is something id have liked to have seen although they have claimed to have modified some programs for this its still a modified i phone os.
In terms of hardware for me personally it shares the same problems all apple products do now which is non user changable batteries and our fixed with the ammount of storage you can purchase at the time . And thats without going into the list of missing features such as a camera and usb

Despite what you think about Apple, their company has been influential in changing whatever industry they decide to delve into. No argument about that.
putting aside what i think of apple for a minute
I dont think your right there actually , in fact they tried to go into the whole media recivers market with the apple TV and i havent seen any changes influenced by apple in that market area

Quite frankly, the notion that all Apple users are mindless idiots who purchase their products purely due to advertisements is insulting. I expected better from you.
that's not what I said, not even nearly.
Have you stopped to think it may be due to software? Just because a phone has the latest features doesn't necessarily mean it's the best phone. You need to pay attention to how it's implemented, which frankly, Apple has succeeded in doing.
I don't think it's that either. After all windows mobile is functionally put together in much the same way now (lots more gesture type controls etc) and the software (out of the box) checks a lot more boxes (things that people have suggested here -like support for flash).

Fundamentally windows/Linux tablet devices probably are going to be better than the ipad, but that fact won't stop the ipad from selling.

you're not the first to compare the ipad and kindl, i made the same comparisson last week in one of the other ipad threads. I think that a person would need a good reasonto buy a kindle over an ipad now. And I can't actually think of one!

This is really the same reaction both the iPod and the iPhone both received when they were first released.
But... whatever people claimed, they really were innovative and different enough to absolutely stand out from the crowd. There's alternatives coming out with android that support multitasking, flash, have better displays and so on - I just question whether it will be enough this time. The iphone OS really was very different to the mobile windows OS at the time which was truly horrible. The android OS has been designed from the ground up for this very purpose. Even on the software front, I'm struggling to see any advantage of the ipad over the tablets coming in the near future...

I also get a bit annoyed when apple act like they are undoubtedly the best at everything. "This is the BEST at browsing the web." Err... not for viewing a flash based site it won't be. Yes apple, I hate flash too. Yes, I think it should be abolished from the internet as well. But the fact is it's not - and as such it seems they've created the ipad for the place they want the internet to be tomorrow, not what it actually is today.

It's not the best. It's just different. Claim what you like - most intuitive, most pleasing, I don't care. But claiming a device that doesn't support flash offers the best browsing experience money can buy is plain wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Another thing that makes me uneasy is the fact that wherever I look, people are creating problems to try and apply this thing to. I'm fine using a laptop to show people photos. I'm fine using a netbook for a bit of internet browsing here and there. I'm fine using my existing email client, and I bet I'm a damn site more productive on thunderbird with sorting out my email!

I'm open to any new product, I both the ipod and the iphone, despite the fact I'd never personally buy the latter. It seems like for the ipad though, apple has switched from being "it's cool, it's new, it's different and it's innovative, try it!" to "we're the best, this is the best, netbooks are crap and everyone else is wrong, use this." I'm not saying it's a bad device, it's just this time round I genuinely think there are better alternatives. Who knows though - perhaps apple will release a second generation one that blows the socks off everything else. If that's the case then good on them - I just don't think this device cuts the mustard.

I honestly think it'll all come down to whether people are clued up enough to realise that the ipad definitely isn't the be all and end all of the tablet world.

There is only one way to improve the IPad.......Give me a hammer and I'll show you.

See, comments like this really piss me off. Not only does it not add anything to the topic at hand, it also bashes a product they've never used.

This thread is for all of you that say this is garbage and doesn't have a "real" market etc. This thread is dated back from 2001 when the original iPod was released.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500

Does anyone see the similarity from the posts here to the posts there from 2001? Gee now everybody has a freaking iPod.

10 to 1 say if somebody bookmarks this thread in 5 years the iPad will be extremely popular and most people will have one.

BTW since were talking about Apple products I just filed my return and think I'm going to use part of my return to pick up a Apple Cinema Display ;)

Well it could be popular like the ipod or it could go down the hole with the cube like mentioned in that thread also ipod Hifi that was a fail aswell I heard.

Since this is thread is about "improving the ipad" and not complaining about how big of a fail it is going to be I must add that flash support on the ipad is a must or else it literally will be nothing more than a big ipod touch. Steve said that it does the internet better than a smart phone and better than a laptop so without at least integrating flash support laptops and netbooks will blow it out of the water. Who is going to want to carry something that bulky with very little more to offer than the iphone or touch that fit conveniantly in your pocket.

Back
Top Bottom