acer aspire one aoa110-1588 help

bmwmdriver89

Beta member
so i bought a used acer aspire one on ebay knowing that it wouldn't boot. I have downloaded various versions of xp and they wont install. they will get all the way to the end %100 but then when it reboots and goes to gui i always get some different errors. another time it said check my hard drive as there was a problem. im fed up and i saw this on ebay. ive installed hard drives in laptops before. do you think if i buy this it will solve my problem.

Seagate Momentus 5400.3 80GB Notebook 2.5" Serial ATA-150 5,400 RPM 8MB Hard Drive- ST980811AS

heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Acer-A...age_Internal?hash=item27aef28d43#ht_708wt_966

not sure it does not say it has an operating system on it? when you say "download" windows is this an original windows from M soft or an illegal copy, that might be you problem if it is.

Did your bios tell you to check your hard drive? Specifically, S.M.A.R.T. ?

If your laptop supports it anyways. The hard drive MIGHT be bad as it tells you completely different errors upon install. But, since I'm gonna guess you're pirating by download, it could also be the ISO you download.

They're often rigged now-a-days to install stupid stuff you don't need/want.

try using Linux. Ubuntu to be specific. their ISO files are clean.

if they dont work, its the hard drive i would think.

also, that ebay link shows all the many ways that you shouldnt try to sell stuff.

exhibit one: douchery:-

"This drive was pulled from original Acer Aspire One notebook. If you need to replace a hard drive, or has ANY software problems (Windows XP, Office 2003, Virus...etc.), then you should buy this drive for your Acer Aspire One notebook or for any other notebooks if use 2.5 SATA hard drive. You can save both time and money if you buy this hard drive. "

ya so im running ubuntu off of a usb and Smart says my 8gb ssd failure is imminent and it has some read and write error and wont even let me install ubuntu on the hard disk so i determined the hard disk is to blame. my next question is what zif drives work best with the aoa110-1588 cuz i dont have any sata drive ports also i was wondering should i go with a zif hdd or get another 8 gb ssd

I had an Aspire One with a hard drive and purchased the restore CDs from Asus for $20.

This resolves the "pirating" use.

I do not know whether the restore media is the same for the model wit the hard drive as for the one with the SSD so be specific when ordering.

Back
Top Bottom