Second Opinions on Build

You will get a newer chip that supports directx 11, 720 stream processors vs. 640, memory clock is at 4.6Gbs vs. 3.0Gbs, an extra Dvi out and it uses less power.

Thanks man, that was the info I was looking for.

Perhaps you could answer my previous question aswell; will that Processor that Shozzking linked work as well as my original without overclocking?

Not without overclocking, but you only have to overclock it a little bit. That's what black editions are made for, anyway. Raising the multiplier by 1 isn't going to hurt it. However, if you do ever overclock it, the 965 will probably get higher.

Actually, the 955 typically OC's better than the 965.

No idea why though, my assumption is that the 965 is the extra low leakage chips, which don't OC as well as higher leakage ones.

3.4GHz is completely unnecessary for WoW.
Get the 955, even if you arent gonna OC it.

Right on, awesome.

Is there a DvD drive you guys would recommend for games? I would like to be able to burn cd's, also. DVD's, not so much.

pretty much any SATA dvd drive will work, just make sure that its SATA. that hard drive that you chose is the same one that i have and its really good.

the AMD black edition processors let you change the multipliers when overclocking. so instead of having to raise the clock speed you can bump up the multiplier. if you raise the multiplier by 1 on the 955 then it will match the stock speed on the 965. the processors speed is the clock speed(normally 133MHz when you get it) times the multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom