Official Overclocking Score Board

Modifed OC

Back to Xp! ;)

So i made some changes and put an intake fan in my 5.25 bays, turned all my fans on high, which put my core temp at 28C idle and 38C load (Before i was at 34C idle 49C load) Also i put my stock amd heatsink on my NB chipset heatsink (xD) which lowered my MB temps, 25C idle 26C load.... Also overclocked my HT to 2650mhz still got my cpu at 3.7ghz. 28 hours stable

Even with these chilly temps i cant get 3.8ghz stable. i mean come on 1.53vcore, 3710mhz, 2650mhz HT with 38C load cpu temp and 26C load mb temp? It cant be a temp barrier.

When i try 3.8ghz i set my Nb speed at 1900mhz and my vcore 1.55 and put prime95 on a small data set test. after passing 14 tests of 8K my comp just restarts. i set my vcore to 1.57 and after 2 tests of 8k it restarts. i have no idea what that means.. what do you guys think?

Those things overclock really well!

You are really obsessed with i3's aren't you?

Not really. I just know that they have awesome OC capabilities, and seeing the top scores made me think of that.

The old Pentium D's OC'd amazingly well too, but I'd consider that cheating :p

Hit the FSB wall this morning. I guess it's time for a 775 with a higher multi.

c2qclocking425GHz500x8511sPI.png

Question.

Do the overclocks have to be like permanent, or would it count if it was achieved with a temporary cooling experiment?

I don't think it has to be permanent - I load saved OC profiles from the BIOS depending on whether I want the extra power or going for an OC target - and you could put your rig in the freezer to achieve it then remove the rig for more practical usage.

I think it has to be stable though. I usually post screenies of Prime95/CPUZ with at least one pass on each core.

No,It doesnt have to be permanent. Otherwise i'd be out of the comp during summer. Aslong as the system boots to windows and you can get a screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom