Hard Drive 640GB WD Caviar Black 32MB SATAII WD6401AALS
Motherboard Asus M4A79XTD EVO
CPU AMD phenom amd x4 965 ii black edition
DVD Samsung SH-S223C / BEBE
Video card SAPPHIRE RADEON HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E 16 DX11
Memory 2x A-DATA 2GB PC10600 1333MHz DDR3
Coolant Scorpion Xigmatek
In the future im gonna get crossfire.
So which power supply should i get/ is best for this set?
CHIEFTEC PSU ATX 750W PFC, Silver Power Blue Lightning SP 600 A2C 600W
or is there someting better for this set?

While the Antec psu is no doubt a great one, I would go with something that has a single 12v rail. The reason is that no matter what your configuration is, you always have the maximum amount of current coming off the power grid to all components at the same time. This gives everything the juice it needs without taxing any one rail with more current while leaving other rails unused. This makes for better efficiency, which is less waste of your electricity. For the money, this will power even your future crossfire setup: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256034

While the Antec psu is no doubt a great one, I would go with something that has a single 12v rail. The reason is that no matter what your configuration is, you always have the maximum amount of current coming off the power grid to all components at the same time. This gives everything the juice it needs without taxing any one rail with more current while leaving other rails unused. This makes for better efficiency, which is less waste of your electricity. For the money, this will power even your future crossfire setup: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256034

jonnyguru disagrees along with all the top psus reviewers, the fact is that neither (single rail or multiple rails) is "better" than the other, if anything multiple rails "seem" to be better if you go by the psus that are tested by these professionals that happen to be rated best in their class, Antec Signature psus, Coirsair HX series psus, etc., on good psus PCI-E connectors give more than enough power for the video cards in question, it's more important to get a quality psu than one with single rail or multiple rails..

Back
Top Bottom