removing XP option from boot manager

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
im on Windows 7, and dual-booting Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope. but i have a third option in my boot manager, 'earlier version of windows', from where i used to have XP.

i notice Win7 doesnt have an 'Edit' button in the startup and recovery options, so how do i remove the 'earlier version of windows' option without removing the bootmanager?

Hi,

What boot manager do you have, is it GRUB or windows boot manager? If it is GRUB just edit the menu.lst file and that will fix it for you. If it is windows I will have to do a little searching for where the file sits.

Cheers!

ahh, after about an hour of looking, i checked MSconfig, and the other OS's didnt show up, so i googled a bit more and found a 3rd party app to do it for me. 'EasyBCD'.

apparently, microsoft change the way the bootloader and boot manager works, and as a result its a whole lot more pissing about to change anything.

^^If it's Windows 7 bootloader, then you edit it in a command prompt using bcdedit.exe. Just google bcdedit.exe and you'll find all you need to successfully edit the Windows 7 bootloader.

Back
Top Bottom