Building PC, won't turn on - Plz help!!!

jco3

Beta member
I'm very frustrated at the moment, I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with my build. I have replaced the Power supply and motherboard, and still nothing. No fans, beeps, only a green LED light.

Any help would be amazing. Please guys/girls, help me out!

This is my first build that I intend to use for music production.

Here are my specs - any help would be simply amazing.

- ASUS P7P55D mobo
- i5 cpu
- ocz 4GB dram
- BFG tech 8400GS 512MB - I realize this is cheap.
- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA HDD
- IPSG Samsung 22x DVDRW SATA
- ocz 500W stealthxstream PSU
- Antec 300 ATX case

Make sure you connect the 24 pin ATX connector (beside the RAM) and the 4 pin ATX connector (at the top of the motherboard) to the PSU.

did you check all your connections to make sure their correct and did you put standoffs under your mobo

Have you connected all of the front panel switches and indicator lights. Sometimes it can be difficult to get them all in the right hole. If just one is off then it can affect the entire system.

Make sure you connect the 24 pin ATX connector (beside the RAM) and the 4 pin ATX connector (at the top of the motherboard) to the PSU.

Yup, they've been where their supposed to be. Thanks for trying. It means a lot.

did you check all your connections to make sure their correct and did you put standoffs under your mobo

I've double, triple, and quadruple checked! haha. And, yes the standoffs are present.

Have you connected all of the front panel switches and indicator lights. Sometimes it can be difficult to get them all in the right hole. If just one is off then it can affect the entire system.

Yes, I've done this over and over. I'll try it without the Q-connector though.

I have unused wires from my PSU, is this normal...? Also, does it matter where I plug the fans from the case into the PSU?

Something i did when i got mine all set up and working for a week or so was change the voltage setting on the back of my PSU

Check that maybe?

Unused cables is normal, most the time they would be 4-pin, 6pin or sata cables unused. anything other than that and you might have some problems, and it doesnt matter where the fans are plugged in from the PSU

Something i did when i got mine all set up and working for a week or so was change the voltage setting on the back of my PSU

Check that maybe?

Unused cables is normal, most the time they would be 4-pin, 6pin or sata cables unused. anything other than that and you might have some problems, and it doesnt matter where the fans are plugged in from the PSU

Okay great, thanks. Do you know how I would change the voltage on an ocz stealthstream... there is no option on the PSU to change it.

Okay great, thanks. Do you know how I would change the voltage on an ocz stealthstream... there is no option on the PSU to change it.

That PSU can operate at mains voltages between 100VAC-240VAC. There's no switch.

Faulty power switch on your case? Take a paper clip and touch the two terminals on your motherboard for the power switch.

Back
Top Bottom