Help Required: Looking for a plug in CD/DVD Drive.

EricCartman

Beta member
I have a Medion akoya s5612 and this has no built in CD/DVD drive and I am wanting to upload CD's, Watch DVDs and play PC Games on my laptop but with no CD/DVD drive this obviously isn't possible now my question is - is there a portable CD/DVD Drive you can buy that you can plug in via one of the ports on the laptop that will do all things I said I want to?

If so where will I get one and how much am I looking at spending?

Thanks folks!

You can just purchase an external drive that will connect via USB. They are usually around $100cdn. Where are you located? I can give you a link to something that will work for you.

There is also a free software way to do what you're talking about. You'll need a PC with a DVD drive, ISO creation software (I recommend imgburn) and a virtual optical drive mounting software ( I recommend VirtualCloneDrive). Here's what you do. Burn your CD/DVD to an ISO file on the PC with the optical drive (I use imgburn). Install VirtualCloneDrive on your laptop. Copy the ISO file over to your laptop. Right-click on the ISO file and select "Mount with VirtualCloneDrive". It will appear as is you inserted the CD/DVD into an optical drive and your ISO will be mounted and given a drive letter. I have done this successfully with games and other software, but I have never tried it with a DVD movie so I have no idea if this procedure will work for that. It won't hurt (or cost any money) to try it, though.

Thanks and I'm located just outside Edinburgh in Scotland.

The second one thanks aswell but I dont really have a clue with all this whizz kids stuff. Thanks anyway though.

Thanks TR...Just making sure that that will DEFINITELY play my PC Games aswell as CDs and DVDs?

Back
Top Bottom