An HP Question . . .

ace070590

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and thus far I'm enjoying my experience. With that being said, I do have a question about an HP (a520n) computer that I'm working on. The PC will not power on. I push the power button and it seems like it's going to start, then it fails . . . I've tried it numerous times--taking different components out, plugging it into different wall outlets, etc, but to no avail. So, my question is doesn't this seem to be a power supply issue? I can't think that it would be anything else.

In addition to the power supply, the hard drive has failed. I plugged it into a different working PC and it didn't work at all, it says that it has bad sectors and can't recover. When the power supply was working on the HP (a520n), I tried running the recovery mode, safe mode, etc, but to no avail.

My whole point in writing this thread is to hear what more experienced people think the issue is. I know that I can just purchase these products and find out, but I don't want to waste my clients money.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Ace

Some of those brand name computers use special power supplies that you have to buy from the producer. These are very expensive.

Sounds like PSU died and maybe took a Harddrive with it. I took a look around on the net and it seem to be a regular Atx PSU so you should be good as long as you purchase a smaller size unit (400w range with 40a). Just make sure to purchase from a name brand because something like this could happend again and take out more components. Also I suggest a new Western Digital drive.

Sounds like PSU died and maybe took a Harddrive with it. I took a look around on the net and it seem to be a regular Atx PSU so you should be good as long as you purchase a smaller size unit (400w range with 40a). Just make sure to purchase from a name brand because something like this could happend again and take out more components. Also I suggest a new Western Digital drive.
Thank you so much. So, is there a particular hard drive that you would suggest? Here's the one I found: http://www.circotech.com/bestec-atx-250-12zd-250w-hp-pavillion-power-supply.html.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom