ocing

VINMAN46

Daemon Poster
be trying to get my cpu stable on 3.6 right now its on 3.5 cant get it stable temps are amazing good ildes at 32c just got done playing mw2 so kinda high. highest its get under stress test is 42c. it wont post at 3.6 either is that the hihest this cpu can go.
and also my ram is getting lower after overclocking my cpu?
and how would i go about ocing my gpu?

here are some pics
ram.jpg

oc1-1.jpg

got my ram up to 470 highest it will let me go is 533mhz
and also im trying to oc my 4770 under bios how would i go about doing that

What was your stock voltage? Your temps are very good so I would say give it some more voltage and keep an eye on the temps. Do you have the option of setting your ram speeds independently or is it tied to the HT?

As for OCing a GPU in the bios or before you are in windows there isn`t a way. It is possible to flash your card with a modified bios but I don`t suggest doing that. Useing the tools in windows is a safe way of doing it.

stock is 0.85V - 1.425V
and ram i think is independent i got it to 470mhz so it would be 940mhz right?

Right. With knowing that I would give it more voltage then. Temps are key. As long as you are under 65 at full load (AMD`s don`t like getting hot) you should be good.

ive been using intel burn test is that bad?
dont feel like waitng a couple of hours for prime 95
and how much more voltage

Burntest is actually very stressful so If your temps are good under that then they should be ok. I would give it 1.42 and see if that works for 3.6. I would say a safe max to be 1.5 but I also like to push things so 1.45 is more of a safe everyday voltage. If you can`t get 3.6 with under 1.45v then I dont think it is worth the extra 100mhz.

To test for true stability you should run Prime for the same amount of time that you usually play a game for. I consider anything after 5 hours of prime to be stable enough for me.

alright brb got to restart
ill get results up

ocsucces.jpg

some results im going to see where i cant post anymore then stop there

Very nice man. Temps look great too. Have you done any 3Dmark runs yet? It would be interesting to see what the results of the OC are having on your performance.

not yet downlaoding the right 3d mark this time lol
it becomes unstable at 245 right now its at 243 is their a way to make it stable or is it just the cpu?

What are the available voltage controls that you have. The HT usually is dependent on the motherboard. Giving more voltage to your Northbridge can help with a higher OC.

Here is a good program to keep track of temps with: Realtemp

Back
Top Bottom