Computer shuts down when playing

UBCSdk

Beta member
Hi there, I've just bought a new PC and allredy it's causing me trouble :S

Within 5 minutes of playing World of Warcraft or Leauge of Legends my Pc just shuts down and reboots, no BSOD or anything.
I can run other games like Left 4 Dead, The Sims 2 and Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 with no problems what so ever.

System
CPU - Intel Core i7-860 2.86GHz
Motherboard - ASUS P7P55D S-1156
RAM - 8GB DDR3 Kingston 1333MHz
Graphics - 896MB Inno3D GeF GTX275 GDDR3
Powersupply - 750W Energon EPS-750
OS - Windows 7 64 Bit

Hope some of you guys can help me. Thanks in advance.

Could be an overheating problem, try removing the case siding and placing a fan so that it blows into the case.

Within 5 minutes of playing World of Warcraft or Leauge of Legends my Pc just shuts down and reboots, no BSOD or anything.
Are you sure there's definitely no BSOD and you haven't got automatic restart on system failure turned on? It could be an overheating thing - what sort of temperatures are you running at after the system reboots? It'd also make sense to update your graphics card drivers to the latest version if you haven't already, it's possible it's a driver issue and a fix has been released.

I updated video drivers not even a week ago. Although automatic restart on system failure is turned on there is no memory dump. The system is running at 47 degrees celcius after reboot.

For unknow reasons the time it takes before the Pc shuts dow has increased to about an hour... This time im 100 % sure that there are no BSOD as automatic restart on system failure was turned off and it still just shut down and rebooted. Once again the temp is 48 degrees celciusl.

The problem is that you are facing, your pc is shut down when it is working. First you check you mother board, It may be short. Check your mother board.

I think it would be a over heating issue?? or on a side note- check device manager in case something isn't installed right.

Back
Top Bottom