Java/NetBeans

eslfish

Fully Optimized
Anyone ever coded in Java with NetBeans? I am part a robotics club at our school. I am on the coding team, just wondering what kind of experience people had with Java/NetBeans here.

Been coding using both for a number of years now :) Get to know the features such as code completion, code templates, refactoring tools and that sort of thing. They save SO much time if you learn how to use them properly.

The number of people I still see using advanced IDEs as basic text editors still surprises me!

Yeah, all we are doing is just copying and pasting codes. Java is pretty complex, I am thinking about getting into it!

Java is pretty complex, I am thinking about getting into it!
It is - but it's not that difficult to get started with. The scope of it is humungous however, there's very few people out there that are genuinely fluent in all its features!

If you want to work in the programming industry however, Java is definitely a good one to learn - arguably the most used language around at the moment, and nothing looks set to replace it any time soon.

Define most advanced?

It's definitely a language used on an enterprise level for lots of huge applications. If you mean used by lots of advanced programmers then yes - most decent programmers that I know of know at least the basics of it. It's not something like VB which has turned into a bit of a running joke in the industry!

If you mean most advanced as in hardest to learn - then no. It's actually pretty easy to get to grips with initially, but believe me you can end up frying your brain with some of the more advanced aspects of it if you're not careful...

What I meant to say is you can do alot of things with it right? It's really amazing what kind of games or things you can make with Java.

I use it. For Java and C++ on Linux and Window$. Its nice. I'm a beginner though.

Java CAN be advanced but i dont recomend taking a school course on it. I would have to say im pretty damn advanced when it comes to jAVA and c++..but i took courses on both in college and none even came close to what i had already learned on my own

Back
Top Bottom