OS X vs. Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please elaborate a bit more? I find Windows UI too clunky. OS X looks nice in my opinion and doesn't require a lot of power to run.

I prefer Windows... mainly because I never actually used Mac

Also, the first impression I had when checking out a Mac at Best Buy (just opening a few programs and looking at the layout) was not very good. It felt as though my hands were crushing the keyboard and the mouse wasn't very senstitive at all (I prefer sensitive mice)

Sure enough, these problems could be easily fixed - no doubt about it. But I didn't find it appealing.

I don't like the apple mouse or keyboard. Something about all that key cleavage is not appealing. Good action, but too much cleavage.

Overall, they are nice computers, but I'm not partial to them.

for what it's worth, I prefer windows.

personally i find that it looks cleaner, (as in i find the dock annoying).

but then, if you like the dock, there are copies/versions of it available for windows,
if you like the look and feel, there are mac themes available for windows.

but strangely not the other way around...
I don't think that this is because windows is just so bad an macs are just so good, I think it's more that you can just do more to personalise windows machines. -and people do...

also I don't like the way that the finder bar works at the top of the screen either.

I've worked on both mac, windows, Gnome and KDE - and used them all a fair bit.

I have to say the mac style really isn't my thing - sure it looks really cool, but searching around on the dock to find the one application I want out of however many really isn't my cup of tea. It's all visual based - I prefer good old text I can look at from the word go. Now I'm not a Microsoft fanboy by any means, but I do prefer the environment on a windows machine (at least with XP, I wouldn't say I've used Vista or 7 enough to make an informed, unbiased decision.)

However, I do prefer both KDE and Gnome to both of them. Ask me this question 2 years ago and I would've been KDE all the way - however now I am more of a Gnome boy. Truth is, I'm happy working with either of them - ctrl+alt+arrow keys to switch between one of 4 desktops is my preferred style. It's like working with multiple monitors, once you get used to having 2 just having one seems so restrictive.

There are a couple of things i do like about OSX (Only used for about 5 Hours in total LOL) is the fact that when you download an application for it,it's always in DMG (Disk Image Format) and they seem more organized than a Zip or a RAR File. Also i like how everything is more 'centralized',you can access pretty much all of your music,movies,photo's and programs through the finder.

This being said though i hate the fact that i dont have a second mouse button,most games arent supported,office pisses me off. Just to name a few. Though im not biased towards Mac or windows,they both have there ups and downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom