Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Nah...it's a good monitor. It has great clarity at higher resolutions, which is uncommon for a CRT.

Re: Please help me! (With this computer stuff! this is the "teen build guide" dude!)

Nah...it's a good monitor. It has great clarity at higher resolutions, which is uncommon for a CRT.

All right, then I guess I'll keep it. I just hope he replies to my email with cords!!

All you need is a cheap D-SUB cable, if you don't have one already. Look around, I have like 6 of them lol. It has amazing blacks and color rendering too. I had mine at 1280x1024@like 85Hz I think.

It was awesome.

Also the 'Pizza Box' case doesn't have room for the PCI expansion slots.

Forget the case and build on a nicely finished plank of wood. Its not that hard to secure all the items down for an open air rig.

Also the 'Pizza Box' case doesn't have room for the PCI expansion slots.

Forget the case and build on a nicely finished plank of wood. Its not that hard to secure all the items down for an open air rig.

do that untill you have enought for a case

It actually looks really cool if you make it stand up vertically.

I did that a while back, but it was more to see how it would look.

It actually looks really cool if you make it stand up vertically.

I did that a while back, but it was more to see how it would look.

I think I might do this!

Or a cardboard box (easier)

But....

1) power button? How would that work?

2) USB Ports?!

3) would I just lay the Hard Drives and everything in the box?

I think I might do this!

Or a cardboard box (easier)

But....

1) power button? How would that work?
Some motherboard come with a power button...haven't checked to see if yours does. If not you can just use a coin to jump the pins. Anything metal really. Just put something across the two pins where the power button plugs in and it'll start.

2) USB Ports?!
Most new mobos have 6-8 of them...

3) would I just lay the Hard Drives and everything in the box?
Yep :)

You could always do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FRaEzcMG0&feature=related

Actually, I may do that too, lol...I'm doing a budget build as well pretty soon.

Some motherboard come with a power button...haven't checked to see if yours does. If not you can just use a coin to jump the pins. Anything metal really. Just put something across the two pins where the power button plugs in and it'll start.

I'll check and see if mine does. That seems complicated. What pins? Haha, I barely know how big a motherboard is, I have like no experience; just want to get some, ya know?!

You could always do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FRaEzcMG0&feature=related

Actually, I may do that too, lol...I'm doing a budget build as well pretty soon.

That looks awesome!!! I might not do the cool "frill" thing or whatever, because that would take a lot of time. I think I'll just put it in the box if worst comes to worst.

I'll check and see if mine does. That seems complicated. What pins? Haha, I barely know how big a motherboard is, I have like no experience; just want to get some, ya know?!
It's not hard at all. Usually the power jumpers are labeled. Just touch something to them for a second...the moment you connect them it'll turn on. That's exactly the same thing that the power button does. It won't spark or anything, and there's no risk of shocking yourself. The hardest part is removing whatever you jumped it with without touching the pins again. If you accidentally touch them while it's in the bios it turns the computer off. :(

From there, a lot of motherboards have an option in the BIOS that allow the keyboard to turn on the computer...use that. (you may need a PS/2 keyboard to do it...not sure. There are adapters though, if you do.)

Back
Top Bottom