Windows XP boot issue

helikon06

Beta member
Hello everyone. I have encountered a issue on my desktop. I upgraded the Motherboard to a new gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l 775 socket rev 2.0, I swapped my cpu over to this board. And i installed 4 gig of ram. I made sure my cpu was compatible with the motherboard ect. Im also using the same Sata HD that i was using before.

The issue im having is now when i turn the system on. It boots and gets to the choose boot , safe mode, last good config, stnd boot, i select last good or stnd config and it just reboots. Im not sure what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hello everyone. I have encountered a issue on my desktop. I upgraded the Motherboard to a new gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l 775 socket rev 2.0, I swapped my cpu over to this board. And i installed 4 gig of ram. I made sure my cpu was compatible with the motherboard ect. Im also using the same Sata HD that i was using before.

The issue im having is now when i turn the system on. It boots and gets to the choose boot , safe mode, last good config, stnd boot, i select last good or stnd config and it just reboots. Im not sure what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Are you trying to boot from your hard drive as is, without reinstalling the OS? This will not work. You need to boot from your Windows CD/DVD and reinstall the OS.

Are you trying to boot from your hard drive as is, without reinstalling the OS? This will not work. You need to boot from your Windows CD/DVD and reinstall the OS.

Will a recovery CD work? Or is a reinstall of the whole OS the only way?

Will a recovery CD work? Or is a reinstall of the whole OS the only way?

A recovery CD will work and you may not even have to format and do a clean install that way. The OS just has to be reinstalled so it recognizes the new hardware (motherboard). Just pay attention while you go through the recovery process, because it will probably present both options to you at some point. You will have to choose to either let it format the hard drive and reinstall the OS or leave the hard drive intact and reinstall the OS over the existing OS. Choose the second option in this case if you want to save all your files and installed programs. Good luck...

A recovery CD will work and you may not even have to format and do a clean install that way. The OS just has to be reinstalled so it recognizes the new hardware (motherboard). Just pay attention while you go through the recovery process, because it will probably present both options to you at some point. You will have to choose to either let it format the hard drive and reinstall the OS or leave the hard drive intact and reinstall the OS over the existing OS. Choose the second option in this case if you want to save all your files and installed programs. Good luck...

thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom