Poll: Your favorite code editor/web maker

hockeygoalie5

In Runtime
I don't think this has been asked yet, and thought it would be fun to post.

I personally use DreamWeaver along with FireWorks and PhotoShop when making web pages.

It might help to clarify what you mean with this question - are you talking about the tool you use to design websites? Or the IDE you'd use to put the backend together? Or just what you use for general coding?

All 3 get very different answers from me!

Dreamweaver is dead easy to use. If you can knock up basic HTML in notepad you'll be able to use dreamweaver no problem.

I can't do HTML, but I taught myself using online tutorials how to use Dreamweaver to make it do what I needed it to. It's really easy once you know how to use it. It just looks really intimidating the first time you open the program and have no idea what to do. :p

haha all i do is code in dream weaver cuz idk how to use it to its full extent

Notepad is all you need!
Have you ever tried developing an enterprise level Java application with 10,000 lines of code in notepad? Believe me, you need more than notepad in this situation!

From the top down:
- notepad++ for all things general (HTML, CSS, very quick java apps, random code that I haven't got an IDE / IDE plugin for)
- Dreamweaver very occasionally when I need to modify websites and can't be bothered to hack around with the HTML underneath
- Netbeans for all "heavy" development. Enterprise scale projects, any reasonable sized application, that sort of thing. And no - not just Java. It supports many more languages these days - C, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby...:)

Notepad I tend to use as a last resort these days, especially when notepad++ is available. It's just as quick and easy to use, but its syntax highlighting and better shortcuts make it much more productive and clear to work in.

Back
Top Bottom