Random Chit Chat

Anybody good with cars here? My car has some issues.

It's a 1992 Mazda Astina 323 1.8l Manual. It's petrol injected but it floods itself. Me and my dad have absolutely no idea why! Most of the time it runs *Perfect* but sometimes when you start it (50% of the time after a long or short drive) it wont start easily,you have to have the accelerator half way down and when it does start it runs VERY Rough for the first 30 seconds (Wayyyy To rich).

One thing i have noticed though is the Workshop manual says it should be revving on idle at about 850 (Give or take 50) but it fluctuates from 900 right up to 1500! Also if the Air conditioner is on,it idles at about 500 or it'll just stall,this also applies to when im driving! I Was driving along a road and pulled up at an intersection and it just died on me because the air con was on!

The Compression is perfect on all 4 cylinders and it has no leaks at all. The Diagnostic computer shows nothing is wrong and it's not chewing through fuel(550 to 600km on a tank).On the 50% Chance it starts up no problem,the car runs perfect and never misses a beat! Even when it does start too rich and take a while to warm up and smooth out (Normally takes a minute),after that it runs perfect!

Any ideas?

You may need to disassemble the carburetor and clean it. Also check your intake filter (or spray some filter oil on the cone if it's aftermarket).

I, too, second checking the spark plugs.

You can use a product called "Sea Foam" for cleaning your carburetor. just add it to your gas tank. It also acts as a good cleaner for fuel injected machine, too. It's truly an all-purpose cleaner and is relatively cheap (about 9USD per bottle here)

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

They may or may not sell it in Australia.

To upgrade my phone through ATT, how much would it cost if I was eligible and have another 2 year contract? Do I just pay for the phone or are there hidden fees?

Most services just make you sign on for two years and you get a discount on a range of phones. Some with the discount are free, some can still cost a bit of cash.

I was looking for phones as my contract was over, I just select a free phone with a 2 year contract, and the total was $0, but I wasn't sure if ATT would spring up any hidden costs.

Now I am deciding if I should actually get a new phone. I just bought one during summer (Unlocked through another seller), but they are offering some pretty decent looking phones.

I thought activation fees were only if you were opening up a new line and getting a new number and sim card.

You may need to disassemble the carburetor and clean it. Also check your intake filter (or spray some filter oil on the cone if it's aftermarket).

I, too, second checking the spark plugs.

You can use a product called "Sea Foam" for cleaning your carburetor. just add it to your gas tank. It also acts as a good cleaner for fuel injected machine, too. It's truly an all-purpose cleaner and is relatively cheap (about 9USD per bottle here)

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

They may or may not sell it in Australia.

Anybody good with cars here? My car has some issues.

It's a 1992 Mazda Astina 323 1.8l Manual. It's petrol injected but it floods itself. Me and my dad have absolutely no idea why! Most of the time it runs *Perfect* but sometimes when you start it (50% of the time after a long or short drive) it wont start easily,you have to have the accelerator half way down and when it does start it runs VERY Rough for the first 30 seconds (Wayyyy To rich).

One thing i have noticed though is the Workshop manual says it should be revving on idle at about 850 (Give or take 50) but it fluctuates from 900 right up to 1500! Also if the Air conditioner is on,it idles at about 500 or it'll just stall,this also applies to when im driving! I Was driving along a road and pulled up at an intersection and it just died on me because the air con was on!

The Compression is perfect on all 4 cylinders and it has no leaks at all. The Diagnostic computer shows nothing is wrong and it's not chewing through fuel(550 to 600km on a tank).On the 50% Chance it starts up no problem,the car runs perfect and never misses a beat! Even when it does start too rich and take a while to warm up and smooth out (Normally takes a minute),after that it runs perfect!

Any ideas?

I thought activation fees were only if you were opening up a new line and getting a new number and sim card.

They have them if you get a new phone sometimes.

Its awfully confusing and annoying, but not as bad as ticketmaster's 'convenience fee'
That's the least convenient fee i've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom