Case power button not working

superman22x

Golden Master
So for some reason my power button on my case is not working... is there an alternate way to turn my computer on and off? Or should I invest in a new case...

No, I think the button itself is going bad. It does work I guess, but I have to hit the button fairly hard... lol

It's just a push switch - you can disconnect the wires from the original and hook it up to any other switch you want, be that a similar make to the original, or a huge red button that sits on your desk. Alternatively you could just leave the wires hanging out and short them together to emulate pressing the button - though I wouldn't recommend that in the long term. Nothing wrong with it though apart from being a bit primitive and risking the wires shorting when you don't want them to!

It's just a push switch - you can disconnect the wires from the original and hook it up to any other switch you want, be that a similar make to the original, or a huge red button that sits on your desk. Alternatively you could just leave the wires hanging out and short them together to emulate pressing the button - though I wouldn't recommend that in the long term. Nothing wrong with it though apart from being a bit primitive and risking the wires shorting when you don't want them to!

Haha, it is also possible he just broke the plastic button that triggers the push switch.. This has happened to me before and i tore the wire out of the front of the case (from the inside) and had the wire hanging out of the front with just the tiny switch turning it off and on.

Yeah, I could try and do that... I don't have any tools except a screw driver here at college... Hopefully I can rig something up. I like the idea of a giant red button! lmao
I do need a new case eventually. I dont like mine much, and the fans are really loud. Thinking of an Antec 900 with adjustable fans so I can turn them down at night or something...

If you do get the Antec 900, make it's the new one. The original had almost zero cable management.

Back
Top Bottom