Microsoft Word, or something like?

jjhearn

Solid State Member
I have a Toshiba laptop, and it came with Microsoft Office. Since it is almost 3 years old, I don't have any of the Office features. My wife just started school and needs Word. Is there anywhere I can DL this, or something that I/she can use in place of this? I don't want to have to go spend $100+ just to have Word.

Any suggestions?

thanks
JJ

I have a Toshiba laptop, and it came with Microsoft Office. Since it is almost 3 years old, I don't have any of the Office features.
I'm confused. My version of office is also around 3 years old, and it's still got all of its features it came with. Did you pick up the leaky version? ;)

Assuming you mean it's office 2003 rather than 2007, what features are you missing? All of the features I've found so far that were introduced in office 2007 are damn annoying things that I'd prefer to NOT have to be honest.

Regarding downloading MS word for free - that falls under the illegal category so no, we can't suggest anywhere to download it. However, if you want a free alternative check out openoffice.

I apologize for the confusion. I had this on my laptop, and asssume it was a trial version. When I open it, it asks for a product key, and I never had that, to my knowledge. And now it just says that the feature is locked.

And I understand the legalities of DL'ing things, so I apologize for asking.

Would OpenOffice suffice? Is there a difference?

It almost definitely would. I use it and much prefer it to office - the user interface is a bit different but aside from that I haven't yet found something I can do in word that I can't do in openoffice.

Give it a go - you've got nothing to lose by trying!

Back
Top Bottom