5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

I'm just waiting for Evga to take the the GTX380 and do to it what they did to the GTX285. Classified editions clocks and 4x SLI.

Nvidia is really cracking down on mixing with ATi. Seems like there's a larger rivalry going on than we can see. Funny part is, only Nvidia is "undermining" ATi. Puts them under a bad view in the public eye. "Nvidia is so desperate, they are just pulling support for any hybrid system so people will switch to them!"

Even funnier (if that is their actual battle tactic here) it's just pissing off their hybrid customers and making them switch all the way.

The largest weapon Nvidia is outfitted with is PhysX. Because it's such a powerful aspect for games and only they have rights to manufacture the PPU's or the GPU's with embedded PPU's. And it REALLY gives a bit performance bonus to your CPU when gaming.

i really dont think PhysX does anything.

my GPU works just find with max everything.

as long as you have a good ATi card, i wouldnt expect a physx card to make a difference

PhysX processing actually puts a very large strain on your CPU. Since GPU's are much better at parallel processing, it can take on the duty of a PPU and only tax itself a small amount. So it helps for games that are quite CPU intensive, or if you are running a game with many applications in the background.

See if you can google up some CPU benchmarks with PhysX processing enabled and disabled. The difference is substantial.

PhysX processing actually puts a very large strain on your CPU. Since GPU's are much better at parallel processing, it can take on the duty of a PPU and only tax itself a small amount. So it helps for games that are quite CPU intensive, or if you are running a game with many applications in the background.

See if you can google up some CPU benchmarks with PhysX processing enabled and disabled. The difference is substantial.

Damn, now I need a physics card for Sins of a Solar Empire.

EDIT: And I pick the 5870 :D

even if you have a high end quad core, and the game is multi threaded?

\
and William, you mean a 5970 lol

Back
Top Bottom