very slow to veiw web pages

oscer1

Solid State Member
hello, i have a question about distance from router. i bought a new computer and put older one in the office which have connected hard wired to the router ever since i moved it to that room the internet is lot longer to come up. when it was right next to the router it was pretty fast. i did not think it should matter since it is hard wired to router. i bought a new router and it still the same i did read the manual for the router and the lights on the router tells me new computer and a computer i bought a year ago are running at 1000 mbt and the office computer and the laptop are running at 100mbt not sure if i have the letters right after the numbers just cant remember the letters were after the numbers. is it because of the ethernet card or the computerage the office computer is 7 years old and laptop is about 4 years old kids computer 1 year old and mine is 1 month old all dell pc's new one is xps9000. well thanks for any info:)

Ok. I'm going to try to decipher this post a little because it a bit confusing.

hello, i have a question about distance from router. i bought a new computer and put older one in the office which have connected hard wired to the router

Ok. You bought a new computer and moved your old one into your office. You ran an ethernet cable from the room with your router to your office to connect your old computer to the router? This means that the old computer and the router are in different rooms right?

ever since i moved it to that room the internet is lot longer to come up. when it was right next to the router it was pretty fast. i did not think it should matter since it is hard wired to router.

Ok. So the internet takes a lot longer to load on just the old computer you moved from beside the router to the office or on all the computers in your house?

i bought a new router and it still the same i did read the manual for the router and the lights on the router tells me new computer and a computer i bought a year ago are running at 1000 mbt and the office computer and the laptop are running at 100mbt not sure if i have the letters right after the numbers just cant remember the letters were after the numbers. is it because of the ethernet card or the computerage the office computer is 7 years old and laptop is about 4 years old kids computer 1 year old and mine is 1 month old all dell pc's new one is xps9000. well thanks for any info:)

This doesn't matter too much yet.

hello, i have a question about distance from router.

This does become the main question. And the most important information is what you left out. How long is the etherent cable that the old computer (in the office) is using to connect to the router?

hello, i have a question about distance from router. i bought a new computer and put older one in the office which have connected hard wired to the router ever since i moved it to that room the internet is lot longer to come up. when it was right next to the router it was pretty fast. i did not think it should matter since it is hard wired to router. i bought a new router and it still the same i did read the manual for the router and the lights on the router tells me new computer and a computer i bought a year ago are running at 1000 mbt and the office computer and the laptop are running at 100mbt not sure if i have the letters right after the numbers just cant remember the letters were after the numbers. is it because of the ethernet card or the computerage the office computer is 7 years old and laptop is about 4 years old kids computer 1 year old and mine is 1 month old all dell pc's new one is xps9000. well thanks for any info:)
So, you're using a wired or wireless connection? If you're wired, is the distance much farther than what it was before? If so, then you could be experiencing interference--try moving the ethernet cable in different areas. If you're wireless, then it could be interference from multiple sources (metal, walls, etc). Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom