Curb that enthusiasm.

My parents were never too strict on what I could and couldn't buy with my own money. I saved money pretty well and bought things as I wanted or needed them. They told me to watch how much I spent but I always kept an eye on how much money I had. I've had my desktop for over 2 years now. Still running strong, no real need to replace it.

I can see how they might be strict if you have a bad spending habit where you spend money as soon as you get it and constantly run your bank account to around $0. My brother has this problem. He can't keep money in his account very long before there's something else he wants and promptly buys. The most he's saved up for is his computer build, he saved up just enough for it and then spent almost all his money on it. That's not a very good money management system for when you are older. I try to keep at least $3k in my account if not more. I went down below that for awhile b/c I had to buy stuff and then took a break from work for 2 weeks at the same time. I hear about my friends that are struggling with their financial situation just barely making it on money each month. I don't want to be like that in my future.

I have the complete opposite problem. I can't seem to spend money. I'm scared of doing so.

I want an SLR camera, and a laptop, and I could afford them, but I hate seeing my money going down, and if I go below thousand figures, I worry about it.

i.e if I had £2000, and I went down to £1999 I'd see a drop, and want to be back up to £2000 again.

Its weird I know, but I'm really scared of spending it, like I could need it, but too scared to use it on stuff for fun.

i.e if I had £2000, and I went down to £1999 I'd see a drop, and want to be back up to £2000 again.

I'm the same way with that. I try to keep it over $3000. If it goes under just a little I start to freak out a little, lol. Once I get caught up on work and sell my Macbook I'll be back in shape and above $3k again. :)

I have the complete opposite problem. I can't seem to spend money. I'm scared of doing so.

I want an SLR camera, and a laptop, and I could afford them, but I hate seeing my money going down, and if I go below thousand figures, I worry about it.

Its weird I know, but I'm really scared of spending it, like I could need it, but too scared to use it on stuff for fun.

Same way here, Kage. I'm the biggest tightwad you'll ever meet. If I want to buy something, I have to just buy it...I have to have it in the cart and check'ed out and paid for in 30 seconds otherwise I contemplate for about 2 hours and then usually don't end up purchasing it...even if it's just $20. I've probably got $9,000 between my checking and savings, but I still hate to spend it. In this day and age, you never know when some kind of emergency could come (financially, physically, etc) so I just like to have it around. It makes shopping stressful most times, though, which sucks.

Back
Top Bottom