programming/college

Zocheyao

Beta member
i am going to MSU next fall and i am going to school for computer science degree and in freshman year on of the classes i have to take is "advanced programming" there are allot of other programming classes along the way but advanced programming seams like its..iono missing basic programming? anyone ever gone to college? taken a class similar? any ideas what to expect?

I haven't got a clue what it entails - but have you tried contacting the college and asking? Advanced programming can range anywhere from starting at the very basics and only covering the very basics in VB (I know, silly but I've heard of courses like this) to expecting a thorough knowledge of, say, Java and spending the whole course going through the different GC options, advanced uses of generics and the theory behind all the concurrent libraries.

I am actually going to community college for programming analyst, its a great course so far, i am about half way through and i love it! advanced programming sounds like you would need some background info/experience on programming before you start the course. if you have questions like this ask the instructors that teach the class, or a guidance counselor. You can look up the instructors names/room number/office location and talk to them even if you are not their student. Just tell them the situation and ask them if they have free time to answer some of your questions.

Back
Top Bottom