Server Almost Complete

Well the server is done now,it's running XP Pro Sp3. I May try ubuntu later down the track.

I'm running a similar thing on Ubuntu at the moment (Atom-based rather than VIA) and it does a lot of stuff. SSH, downloads, printers, torrents (Transmission + web interface), apt-mirror (a local Ubuntu (or Debian, if you use that instead) repository in your home), Apache2 web server with PHP and MySQL, Sobby (collaborative programming tool) and will shortly also be a file server using NFS and an Irssi proxy.

If you do try Linux on it, there's a lot of extra stuff you can do and if you want any help setting any of the things I've mentioned up, if you would use them, shoot me a PM :)

Does Transmission have a Scheduler like uTorrent? Also i use have AVG Scanning all of my torrents before i transfer them to my PC just to be safe,would i be able to do this under Ubuntu?

Does Transmission have a Scheduler like uTorrent? Also i use have AVG Scanning all of my torrents before i transfer them to my PC just to be safe,would i be able to do this under Ubuntu?

It may have, but I haven't really investigated its features thoroughly. I can easily check, though. If not, you can always schedule jobs using cron (I'm assuming you only want the program to download torrents at a specific time?). You should be able to have Clam AntiVirus provide the scanning feature for you and have it check the torrents when they've been downloaded, though again not something I've looked in to - the only torrents I download/upload are Linux releases :p

Well i have pretty much unlimited downloads inbetween the hours of 3 in the morning to 10 in the morning so thats when i have all of my torrents downloading,what excactly is a CRON Job? With uTorrent i just set the hours of download and it makes that schedule the only time it will download and seed.

Back
Top Bottom