Gallery: Cases

That was the problem I had a long time ago before I did some minor cable management cutting on the motherboard tray.

Many moons ago:

101_0578.jpg

Some pics from the server build. Please excuse the cable management...1) I hate ribbon cables, 2) The PSU leads were too short and there were only 2 molex connectors, 3) The fan leads were too short, and I wasn't going to take the time to extend them myself, 4) The stupid person who had this case before me (it's a recycled case from a customer who purchased a new computer from me; some other computer shop built it) didn't install the drives correctly...there's supposed to be rails for all the drive bays somewhere, but when I got the computer, everything was zip-tied in.

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

And lastly, you should be extremely jealous of my epIc PwnAGE GraPhiCs Card, ZOMGBBQSAUCE....

IMG_1228.jpg

ATI 3D Rage II + DVD 64MB PCI card...from an ancient '95 system I believe. It owns in Crysis, BTW. And when I say owns, I really mean "this thing can barely run the GUI for Windows XP...". BAHAHAHA. Oh well. Gets the job done I guess. No sense in getting anything spendy for a server system.

Zip ties? You think a shop could do better than that.

Lost my camera charger so I couldn't really do much with a dead battery. This is my third charger, the first one died.

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7531.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

Zip ties? You think a shop could do better than that.

I hope you are talking about the way the drives were held in and not my pathetic cable management. :eek: ...since I know it's pathetic haha. I should try to compress the IDE cables a little...that might help. I guess nothing I put in this case was made for a mid tower though, since nothing seems to be long enough. Oh well. It'll be fine tucked away in the corner. I'm burned out with computer stuff on the hardware level right now. 20+ hours of work into that HTPC I jury rigged, and then another 5 probably switching components from three other cases around to get my setups all correct. Ugh. What a chore.

I hope you are talking about the way the drives were held in and not my pathetic cable management. :eek: ...since I know it's pathetic haha. I should try to compress the IDE cables a little...that might help. I guess nothing I put in this case was made for a mid tower though, since nothing seems to be long enough. Oh well. It'll be fine tucked away in the corner. I'm burned out with computer stuff on the hardware level right now. 20+ hours of work into that HTPC I jury rigged, and then another 5 probably switching components from three other cases around to get my setups all correct. Ugh. What a chore.

I meant the shops. I wouldn't be happy if I payed someone to install my hard drives with zip ties, unless he gave them an old case and lost the rails or something.

Get us a few quick snapshots of what it's like under the hood. ;D

Is this to me or dude?

Back
Top Bottom