hey, computer forum.

Hertfordshire, not far north of london.

near Luton, the dodgiest place i go on a regular basis.

My BTECL3 course covers the practical elements aswell, then hopefully in college im going to follow my dad and do a Comp TIA+ course. His was on 98/2000, i hope when i do a similar course, its been updated.

ive used 2000 once, and i dont remember ever having used 98.
dammit, stop making me feel old...

i was just sitting there thinking how could someone have not used windows 98... then I figured that it's because if you're doing GCSEs now, then you were being born as I started secondary school :(

don't worry, you didn't miss a lot by not using windows 98, or 95, or 3.11, you didn't miss a lot using the old Acorn computers that schools used to be full of, and you didn't miss a lot using the old RM nimbus 186 PC's with their OS, which was just dos. and their program manager/launcher app that was just a menu where you had to press F1 - F12 to launch programs...

I really want to go back to the Windows 98 days now for some reason. First OS I had on my computer was Windows 95, I was pretty happy to upgrade to Windows 98 because it was "new" and "awesome". In other words everyone else had it and I was still on 95.

What were those old computers that would boot in DOS and you'd hit a certain key and it would boot into this little OS of sorts with a few games and stuff. Began with a T but I can't get the name out (this was obviously before I had any clue about computers). At the elementary school we had DOS with this interface that had these awesome games on it (at the time, anyway) - Challenge of the Ancient Empires and the other Super Solvers series, this little tractor game, an alphabet game, heh those were the days. Anyone know of any interface (I doubt it was a full fledged OS, probably just ran as a GUI of DOS) that schools would use in the early-mid 1990s? They were still using it actually in the classroom and we were playing games on it when Windows 95/98 was out... right up to the Windows 2000 days the computers were still there and Challenge of the Ancient Empires never got old.

Welcome bro, nice to see a new committed poster here. Like to see your knowledge in action =)

Back
Top Bottom