Stay away from Mionet Program!

Just finished fixing a customers laptop,here's the story.

She was complaining of the laptop not shutting down and the ethernet not working. So i take it home and plug it into my ethernet cable at home,ethernet light on yet no internet! So i go to network connections and it would just freeze. Assuming that maybe the network devices arent installed,i try to go to the device manager but System properties wouldn't open!

So i do a boot time virus scan using avast and it picked up nothing! I Booted back to windows and plugged in my flash drive,strangely enough it didnt recognize it what so ever. To put my software on this laptop i tried a CD,Flash drive,Network file sharing (Funnily enough this laptop did appear in my workgroup!) and even through my FTP Server,yet no dice!

So i start flicking through MsConfig and the Process list and slowly starting turning things off,everything was acting fine until i tried closing a process called Mionet. I'd close it and it would start right back up again. So i try uinstalling it but the Add/Remove programs control panel wouldnt work! A Quick search revealed it was residing in C:\Program files\Mio net. There was an uninstaller there but halfway through a command window would appear with gibberish on it,and then stop. So i had Closed the CMD (Command Window) Process and the uninstall went through,as soon as it finished the Network Connections icon and the microsoft security center icons popped in the taskbar and everything was back to normal!

So im just cleaning up the laptop and back to the client it goes! This is just a warning,my advice is to avoid this 'mionet' software.

Edit; After some research,it seems as though it's some sort of remote access software?

Not too sure from some google searches it's mean to come with some higher end Western digital hardrives as a Remote access software. Im Guessing it was a fake version of the software and it was really just a virus of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom