Well this was.. uhhh... unexpected

winslow33

Daemon Poster
Ok, theres not a whole lot of ways to put this but I feel like telling someone.

My girlfriend got raped and beaten a few weeks ago by her ex. He's going away for quite a long time, she's handling the situation quite well considering all she's been through, I cant image how hard that must be. She went to the doctors as she was feeling a bit off and got some news. Lets just say this:

Looks like I'm going to be a father now. She's going to keep it too, which I'm happy for as I've never stood behind abortions. But wow, I'm still having a hard time taking it all in... Never saw myself as a father at 19. And yes, I'm going to stay with her, I'm behind her all the way. we've been dating for several years and were planning on getting engaged, We should be able to support it as she's working in her family's business and I'm joining the army.
She's taking it amazingly well, almost happy to have a child. I'm cool, I just wish it wasn't the product of a rape, its the part thats inside the back of my head telling me were going to raise a son thats not entirely ours........................
Wish us luck... :)

so sorry about what happened to ure girl man ill be sure to beat the shit outa that guy good luck with evreything

Little bit dark there mate......

@OP, all the props to you. I could never do what you're doing, not even comprehending raising kids in the next ten years if i'm honest but personally, don't want to sound like a dick but i'd find it impossible raising that child knowing it wasn't mine and how he/she was conceived in such unloving circumstance and that he/she is the product of a rape. I've had friends who were raped and the problem is that in actuality going and kicking the shit out of the dick that did it wont do any real good, will just give him defense and you being put away for assault will stop you helping the ones you love through their tough time. #props to OP, you're stronger than i am

You're a very good person. I could never see myself raising a kid that wasn't mine at the age of 19 either. Yes I want to have kids someday, but under your circumstances, I couldn't deal with it now.

To be honest with you, I've never been through something like this, so I couldn't offer you advice from experience...

But the thing that I can do for you is hope and wish that you and your girlfriend make the best of this situation, which it sounds like you have already started doing. Also, there is always an upside. The upside to this is that your girlfriend and you are both youthful, sounds like you're the kind of people that don't let things like this bring you down, and also you will be starting a nice family soon enough ;)

Throughout, you have my support - and also this whole CF community :)

If it helps, it sounds like you're doing the absolute best thing you can in my opinion. Well done coping with the situation as you have, I genuinely wish you all the best. If your child grows up in the sort of caring environment that I'm sure you two will provide then I'm sure he or she will grow up in a happy, loving and supportive family.

Stick with it, well done and good luck. I don't think many would cope with that situation as well as you have.

Thanks for the support guys, we're trying to make the best out of it. I'll do my best, and thier going to have a darn good mother, that much i DO know.
I'll be sure to give y'all an update 9 months down the road with pictures of the lil dude :p

A close friend of mine has been raped before and she just didn't handle it well. It seems your girl is different than the one I know. You have a strong willed gf that is a keeper. Treat her well dude.

I think its very commendable that you are going to keep they baby, I can only wish the best for the two of you in the future

Back
Top Bottom