Which one Should i get? Help CHOOSE! PLZ!

sina131

In Runtime
hey guys im looking for a new laptop that is REALLY good for gaming and good for school. Im looking for a laptop that could play WoW and Modern warefare 2 and maybe even crysis very smoothly. which one would you choose as a new laptop and how would it compare to this desktop i was thinking about getting. ANd i will buy an extra 2 GB of memory for the whatever laptop im getting

Hp Pavilion dv7t:
Color: Espresso Black
Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-430M processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.53 GHz

Memory: FREE Upgrade to 3GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive: FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart: Hard Drive Protection
Graphics card: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce G 105M - For i3, i5 and i7-620QM Processors

Display: 17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)

Primary optical drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Personalization: Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
Networking: Intel Wireless-N Card
TV & entertainment experience: No TV Tuner w/remote control
Keyboard: HP Color Matching Keyboard
Primary battery: 50% OFF!! Extra 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Modem: Port No Modem
Productivity software:Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
Price: 900$

dv6t Quad Edition series:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
Memory: FREE Upgrade to 3GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive: FREE Upgrade to 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Graphics card: 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7 Processors
Display: 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
Primary optical drive: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
Personalization: Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
Networking: Intel Wireless-N Card
TV & entertainment experience: No TV Tuner w/remote control
Keyboard: HP Color Matching Keyboard
Primary battery: 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Modem: Port No Modem
Productivity software: Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
Price: 1050

HPE-150t Desktop:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-750 quad-core processor [2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]
Memory: FREE UPGRADE! 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB
Hard drive: FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
Graphics card: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]
Primary optical drive: LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
Networking: Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN
Front Productivity: Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio
TV & entertainment experience: No TV Tuner
Sound Card: Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports
Speakers: No speakers
Keyboard and Mouse: HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
Productivity software: Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
Security software : Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 15 month ( peice of crap would uninstall it ASAP if i got this)

SO yup please leave ur opnion

Looking at the specs, I'd take the HPE-150t. I wouldn't worry about two extra cores, when you can get that extra boost in HDD space and RAM. Also, the Video card is more decent too.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you were asking for either a laptop or Desktop...
Well, I'd go with the DV6T. It has a better spec rating on the CPU and GPU. It won't perform like the desktop, but it will give kind of good performance on low-med settings.

Looking at the specs, I'd take the HPE-150t. I wouldn't worry about two extra cores, when you can get that extra boost in HDD space and RAM. Also, the Video card is more decent too.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you were asking for either a laptop or Desktop...
Well, I'd go with the DV6T. It has a better spec rating on the CPU and GPU. It won't perform like the desktop, but it will give kind of good performance on low-med settings.

what the hell? why would you say it wouldnt perform like a desktop? it just has a little less ramm than the HPE-150. Why wouldnt it be able to play on high settings on games? Because I have family all over town i want something portable. Could some of you list HIGH performance gaming computers under 1,200 here.

Rule of thumb: Laptops has a downside over desktops: Their GPUs.

The GT320M was presented in the HP dv6t and dv7t series and may be still based on the old GeForce 9600M GT (like the GeForce GT 220M) with 32 shader cores and still 65nm production process.
Specs from a 325M:
Core Speed * 450 MHz
Shader Speed * 990 MHz
Memory Speed * 1066 MHz

Specs for the GT220:
dumbe.jpg

Want a high gaming PC for under 1.2K?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+...lack/9532749.p?id=1218120178969&skuId=9532749

That's one of many.

This should do it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220696

ASUS N61JQ-X1

Core i7 720QM (1.6GHz)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 (dedicated card...has its own memory)
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
16" screen @ 1366 x 768

It's laptop, btw....It's new so they have no pictures up yet.

lhuser said:
Want a high gaming PC for under 1.2K?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+S...&skuId=9532749

That's one of many.
A dell? Seriously?

You could build one yourself for much less than that. Or at least build it at ibuypower...you'll have the same parts and options(overclocking, etc...) as if you built it yourself. And it'll be quality stuff instead of the crap oem brands use.

edit: I just built that same system, but with much better parts, a 3-year warranty (plus lifetime tech support), free liquid cooling, and a Radeon HD 5770 (which beats the piss out of that Dell's GTS240) for $1240. With a lesser GPU (but still better than the Dell's), they'd be the same price.

Here's the spec page:
http://i49.tinypic.com/zlqm4m.jpg

Of course, there's the options of building.

I guess I got too many wires crossed in my brain tonite:eek:
How could I EVEN FORGET Newegg? Newegg...I always go there first...I'm too tired to think:(

I know the feeling man...I'm taking 16 hours of class this semester...I'm used to taking 5-7. :(

edit: Looking through ibuypower right now...they actually have some really cool deals! I know they had good service but some of the stuff the offer is actually pretty cool. The expanding foam packaging thing is a really good idea. Still more expensive than self-building, but the warranty might just be worth it.

No idea...probably not though. It's a pretty small company compared to HP or Dell. How big is the discount?

Back
Top Bottom