Graphics Cards

DigitalxxxFr34k

Solid State Member
Okay i bought a Graphics card a while back 512 at 700mhz over clocked as is Geforce 9500, does its job has a HDMI port on it, made sure it had that in case i got my self a HDTV, it quotes on the that its an HD Card, well i went out and purchased a VGA to S-video Female adapter so i can use my S-video to RCA cord to hook up my tv to it like i did with my old computer but every time i hook it up my nvidia driver detects it only has a HDTV, is that simply cuz its a HD card? so it only feed in HD stength?, well if thats the case, i have an old PCI 64mb with a S-video port on it, it still works, but if i were to plug it in to my computer while i have my other graphics card in it will it interfere? or is there way to bypass it with my newer card or what? help please?

You can use two cards at once. One will be the primary that comes on while the computer goes through the BIOS, and when Windows starts both will be working.

When you plug it in, even though it's detected as an HD, does it work?

No it does not :( sounds comes out (of course cuz it has nothing to do with graphics) but its just a bunch of different colors like its straining my TV or something ( which since its and HD card my SDTV wont handle it) im just vary disappointed that my VGA to S-vid adapter didn't do trick i spent 10 bucks on it

I'm not sure what you are saying? Why does it matter if it says your TV is an HDTV? Pretty much all that means is that it's capable of receiving HD signal. You should have no problems using it.

Okay, let me me give you the full run of what is going on, and why i am having problems, I have a EN9500GT Top Asus GeForce Card PCIE 2.0, its has a HDMI port, VGA port and a DVI port, Its States on my graphics card Box that its and HD Card, so i have this Cord i used for my computer i built before i upgraded, Its a Svideo to Composite cable which is the yellow white and red cables (my S-video does not work on my tv) this is why i did not get just a S-video cable, but i cant use this cord cuz my new graphics card does not have an S-video port on it, so i went out and purchased a VGA to S-video Adapter, which should have cured my problem, but every time i set it up my TV goes weird No solid picture comes up its just different colors dull colors and they are moving around (kinda like when u get a static screen when u turn it on a channel u dont have) and when i look under my settings on my computer ts Detecting my tv as a 1080p HDTV, and it wont let me change it to just a Standard tv, it only gives me 480i 780p 1080i and 1080p options, i never had this issue on my old computer it was just Plug in and ready after a simple restart. and my question was if there was a way to bypass it or something i could do to make it so my card would Recognize my tv and work properly, and if not if i could add and extra Video card to my computer with out it interfering, its only a Basic PCI card and its old. but i think i already got that question answered.

oh and to add its the same tv i had before

Is the TV indeed HD? Or is it a standard definition TV?

However, that aside, I don't think you can passively convert VGA to S-Video. I'm not positive. We'll wait a bit and see if 0100101 rolls through here. He knows more about converting this kind of stuff than I do.

when i look under my settings on my computer ts Detecting my tv as a 1080p HDTV, and it wont let me change it to just a Standard tv, it only gives me 480i 780p 1080i and 1080p options

oh and to add its the same tv i had before

What happens when you select the 480i option? Thats the maximum res an sd tv can display.

And you've made sure to either duplicate or extend your desktop in your display settings, correct?

Back
Top Bottom