Motherboard that supports AGP

test_drive

Solid State Member
Hi

Its my first time here, does anyone know where i can buy a top spec motherboard that supports agp not worried about the price.
i have the ati radeon 9700 pro graphics card in the computer.

i know i can get a new computer, or motherboard that supports sli, but i just want to update my old computer first. dont ask i just want to

thanks for your help

You can't buy a top spec board with an AGP slot.
AGP is way too outdated. Honestly, there is no point if you are just gonna stick a 9700 in it. Get a better card.

my motherboard is way out of date.. the graphics card is still good (but not that good :) )

just need a good spec motherboard with agp slot

long story -- i 'll keep it short, i really need a motherboard

the one that i have works. i will think of getting something else later on.

any help would be appreciated

Well the thing is that the second you get an AGP motherboard, you're stuck with it, and can't get a decent graphics card.

And btw, pretty much any PCI express card would destroy that one, like even the cheapest one you can find.

what socket do you need?

most likely i will get a new intel processor as well

was just looking into the motherboard first

need a top spec motherboard with agp would like it with intel processor

what should i be looking for?

anyhelp finding one would be appreciated

thanks

If you're going to buy new stuff just go ahead and get a new graphics card while you're at it. Your AGP card may work, but it's not anything great and they don't make new motherboards that support AGP.

Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130098
You obviously don't need anything amazing, and that is cheap and will work with a new mobo with a PCI-e slot.

Seriously, the only mobo I could find with an AGP slot was a Pentium 4 LGA775 socket mobo. That is long since outdated, so nowhere near "top spec." If you're going to upgrade, just go all the way. You will need at least a motherboard, processor, RAM, and a video card (unless the motherboard has onboard video).

I have a S939 ASRock board that supports AGP and PCIe. Works fine.

Right now you can buy a motherboard with onboard video that will outperform a Radeon 9700 Pro for under $100.

Back
Top Bottom