motherboard HELP! plz

ben68

Baseband Member
hi, i am building my own gaming comp. and i would like some hwlp on what is the best motherboard for this. i dont want to spend to much over $150 on it.:confused:

What processor are you using? What RAM? Just list the parts you already have. That will make this easier. Thanks.

i dont mind what stuff i havent got it yet i want to get a good motherboard and the i will build around it. preferable ADM.

You mean AMD? Alrighty then. I'm assuming those are US dollars and not Canadian?

And out of curiosity, why do you want AMD? Intel has some great offerings too. Depends on your budget. How much for the whole system?

Also, the socket type of your processor will determine the motherboard you get. So do you know if the AMD you want is socket AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 at all? Is it Anthlon or Phenom, those would be the ones to get for gaming.

GIGABYTE makes good motherboards, a few others I know are ASUS and MSI. Just give us more info and you shall receive more in depth help.

im thinking AMD Phenom II and would a GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P be any good for a gaming motherboard.

That would definitely work for you. It supports your processor and I think you will be happy with it. Just make sure everything else you get is compatible and you should be good to go.

ok thank. and have you got any more tips on brands or anything for some other stuff im trying to make a good gaming comp for under $750-$800.

For RAM I know that G.SKILL is good (which I am using currently), CORSAIR is also recommended, OCZ I hear is fine. You should also get 2-4GB for a gaming system.

For video cards there is ATI and nVidia. Both are very good. Brands that make good cards XFX, Sapphire, HIS, EVGA, ASUS, VisionTek, PNY. I don't know much about nVidia but I know that any card in the ATI 4000 series would be good for you like the 4770 or 4850.

Now, are you building this whole thing from scratch? Which leaves a case, a hard drive, a dvd drive, a power supply.

For a case I would suggest Cooler Master
Western Digital makes good hard drives
LiteOn, Sony, Samsung make dvd drives
CORSAIR makes excellent power supplies.

Do you already have a monitor? and a keyboard and mouse?

yeah i have moniter and stuff do you have any suggestions on a bit cheaper motherboard that still is a good 1?

Back
Top Bottom