2.5TB expected this year?

I wish we had someone roll through here that wanted to drop $10K on a new 'puter. Can you imagine how we'd all go nuts trying to make him a build!?

I'll volunteer to do it. All you have to do is put the funds together for me. I'll be a good sport and take a bullet for you guys.

The problem with these drive sizes getting so large is that the speed is not increasing fast enough to keep up with it. Imagine backing up a couple 2.5TB disks. It would take forever.

The problem with these drive sizes getting so large is that the speed is not increasing fast enough to keep up with it. Imagine backing up a couple 2.5TB disks. It would take forever.

thats where RAID 1 would come in handy, imagine paying for two of those 1 TB SSD's to make a RAID array!!!

thats where RAID 1 would come in handy, imagine paying for two of those 1 TB SSD's to make a RAID array!!!

You'd probably want to set it up so that the backup drive was run by a different PSU, though. I mean, if your PSU goes and takes everything with it (which is rare, but can happen) then both drives are gone as well. RAID1 isn't a fail safe. You should always have backups in more than one physical location.

You can't compare human brains to HDDs :p We use around 10%....I wonder what happens to the remaining 90%...Horniness? :p
Nah...

Ok, well let me fix it. Once they reach 4TB they'll have surpassed the amount of storage 10% of the human brain uses (the amount we have access to).

If only we could have the know-how to use the rest...

4TB is a lot of stuff...but on isohunt...this is how much data is online:

10,229.48 TB
4TB is still a fart.

Back
Top Bottom