2.5TB expected this year?

That is just ridiculous, I could never fill up 2.5TB. To me that is just wasting money on space I will never use.
It still is pretty cool to say you have that much space to use on your computer.

you guys is nutz?!

i use a 250GB in my laptop, and overall its not even half full :)

i have one problem with SSDs, they're extremely expensive compared to SATAs.

hopefully when they get more common, they'll be as cheap as regular hard disks.

Well that is because SSDs are relatively new, over the news couple of years the price will plummet and the storage sizes will increase

Well that is because SSDs are relatively new, over the news couple of years the price will plummet and the storage sizes will increase

not strictly ALWAYS true i dont think, take Windows for example, vista is still more expensive than 7 wherever i look.

although, to be honest, the extra cash for a tougher drive is worth it. dropping an SSD equipped laptop has much less chance of data loss right?

not strictly ALWAYS true i dont think, take Windows for example, vista is still more expensive than 7 wherever i look.
Software is sometimes different - if you're talking about a new, better and up and coming technology then prices will inevitably go down as speed and storage capacity increases.

And yes, SSDs are far more robust by nature - no spinning platters to get scratched or damaged through too many G's :)

Interesting - but I do think the capacity / research into these traditional drives is tailing off somewhat. SSDs are taking over - over the next few years I think they'll start to push the conventional drives out the door more and more.

For now though, bigger capacities are good as far as I'm concerned!

That means soon enough they will be cheaper ;)

2.0 to 2.5 eh big deal. Raid0 it and make it 5 lol.

Or, wait for 3.2TB drives to come up, and you have 6.4 on 2 drives, or a crazy guy could have 12.8TB...fill that up and you will be rewarded...

A punch in the face :D

that SSD is worth more than my entire computer!!! it also has free shipping, lol. we should recommend it to someone trying to build a top of the line computer

I wish we had someone roll through here that wanted to drop $10K on a new 'puter. Can you imagine how we'd all go nuts trying to make him a build!?

Back
Top Bottom