Good 22" budget monitor

Would those be better? Why?

They all look like 22" 1080p TN panels to me. Whats the differences between them to justify spending 10-30% more?

If you did a little clicking, you'd find:
This (click on "H213H")
and
This

They're both TFT. I wouldn't recommend a TN panel...:rolleyes:.

I'd recommend the Acer over the Hanns-G, but if you can afford this, grab it over the others as it has a 2ms response time instead of 5. I recently purchased it for a customer. It looks absolutely beautiful.

I wouldn't touch anything that said Dell on it with a 10 foot pole--that's my hard opinion. But especially in this case since it's only got a 1 year warranty. The others have 3 year warranties.

If you did a little clicking, you'd find:
This (click on "H213H")
and
This

They're both TFT. I wouldn't recommend a TN panel...:rolleyes:.

I'd recommend the Acer over the Hanns-G, but if you can afford this, grab it over the others as it has a 2ms response time instead of 5. I recently purchased it for a customer. It looks absolutely beautiful.

I wouldn't touch anything that said Dell on it with a 10 foot pole--that's my hard opinion. But especially in this case since it's only got a 1 year warranty. The others have 3 year warranties.

The h213h is in fact a tn panel

http://us.acer.com/acer/product.do?link=oln85e.redirect&changedAlts=&kcond48e.c2att101=-1&CRC=2759084358#wrAjaxHistory=0

Click the H213H then Technical Specifications.

I say the dell is a great deal.

That's a pretty good deal for the Dell monitor. I've had a lot of experience with Dell products and can say without hesitation that I have never run into any issues with Dell monitors.

Sounds good guys. I'm going to be using this just for internet browsing, gaming, and a tiny bit of photo editing. I always sit dead on with the monitor so color shifts should be minor.

dude_56013,... I would really like to get that 23" Acer you mentioned but for my use I'm not sure I can justify spending 35% more on it. If was big into photo editing I would consider it to get rid of the color shifts inherent in TN displays.

Size/Type

* 21.5" wide-screen TFT LCD

Panel Technology

* TN (twisted nematic)

My apologies on the TN thing. I was confusing it with something different. All of these screens are going to be TFT screens. That's Thin Film Transistor. They are all going to be TN (twisted nematic) most likely, unless noted. None of them are anything different (IPS, etc). The Dell, Hanns-G and ASUS don't specify what technology they are (TN, IPS, etc). All monitors nowadays, pretty much anyways, are going to be active matrix. So let me kind of explain if this doesn't make sense (because obviously I confused even myself in my earlier post).

Parent Technology = LCD / Active Matrix
||
TFT
||.....||.....||
TN....IPS....AAFS...Etc

Anyways, in MY opinion, I'd rather fork over a little more cash for the Acer or ASUS and have a 3 year warranty over a 1 year. But, that's just me I guess.

I completely agree with the 3 year warranty thing. I am very seriously considering the Hanns-G since it is only $15 more.

I'm just a little curious if the dell has any features that the Hanns-g does not, or vice versa?

Also I've been reading a bit and keep seeing this issue come up. I'm not sure if its true or not, but some say that the 22" monitors will only display 1680x1050 with windows 7? That makes no sense to me as I would expect a 1080p monitor to display 1920x1080 regardless of the OS. Any truth to such claims?

The display resolution depends on the capabilities of your onboard or dedicated graphics card. If your graphics card does not support 1080p, you cannot use 1080p.

The Hanns-G does NOT have a DVI port, just to be warned. However, it comes with an HDMI - DVI cable, so that's JUST FINE.

Back
Top Bottom