Beta member
AMD DURON 1.26 GIG PROCESSOR
512MB of RAM
40 GB HARD DRIVE
1 LG 32X CDRW
1 LG CDRW/DVD ROM
Nvidia Geforce 6200 512MB DDR2 video CARD

any suggestions for upgrade would help, this computer is a continuing progress

You should definitely get more RAM. What will you be using this computer most for? Gaming, Home use, Office?
But you should get some more RAM.

As the poster above said, what will you be using it for? I know that if it was me, I wouldn't put any more money into this core system (aka, wouldn't upgrade the CPU or RAM) because it's just not cost effective. Do you have a budget? It would be cheaper just to build a new computer. Any upgrades done to this (judging by the age) wouldn't boost performance much, in my opinion.

^ Indeed.

The new system could keep the drives(though I'd recommend a new hard drive), and maybe the case. If you bought the operating system retail, you can use that too.

Keep the grahics card, scrap the rest for gaming. If you are just mooching around the web get another 1Gb of Ram, I guess your RAM is only 133 or 266 and maybe SD.(dont forget to match it) anf your FSB will be low as well.

A system like Elfish has (similar to mine) will do everything you want for gaming but will set you back 600-700 quid at least.

You could upgrade the RAM, HDD and a DVD Burner. 32X Drives are obsolete!

But, the specs you have, buying all of it can equal to around $150...so, if you fork 250 more, you could end up with a brand new PC...built or branded.

Do not even looking at upgrading the system. You will want to build a simple system with new sets. If you look at it cost wise you will be getting brand new stuff that will run faster then what it would cost to upgrade the old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom