ATI Video card

IDK, on ebay you can buy OEM athlon X2's for <$40 now.

Well it's AGP, probably DDR, and single-core. I'm saying with a machine like that, it's kind of time to upgrade. Oh and OEM X2's on Newegg are like $50. And you know who you are buying from.

And I hugely over estimated on a new build. Actual one would be about $315.

Case: Rosewill Mid-tower $40
PSU: Coolmax 350 Watt - $30
Motherboard: Foxconn 740G M-ATX - $50
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.9 GHz - $51
Cooler: Rosewill CPU Cooler - $8
RAM: G.SKILL 2X1 GB DDR2 800 - $50
Hard Drive: Seagate 80GB SATA - $36
Video Card: Powercolor HD 4650 512MB - $50

I would be making a few changes on the list there for a new build. I'm already running the 6000+ X2 3.14ghz model and will be looking at a Phenom II X4 soon enough for an AMD modell USB 3.0 supported board. The new usb standard would be one thing to consider for a new build right off.

As far as upgrading the cpu you have to find the cpu model higher being the XP3400 which might be found on EBay if you keep watching. A new build from the start would run a bit higher if you want a solid build.

The only thing left for that build would be adding more memory to at least 2gb to boost the overall Windows performance and call it a day. You don't really have options to work with other then starting from scratch all over.

I would be making a few changes on the list there for a new build. I'm already running the 6000+ X2 3.14ghz model and will be looking at a Phenom II X4 soon enough for an AMD modell USB 3.0 supported board. The new usb standard would be one thing to consider for a new build right off.

As far as upgrading the cpu you have to find the cpu model higher being the XP3400 which might be found on EBay if you keep watching. A new build from the start would run a bit higher if you want a solid build.

The only thing left for that build would be adding more memory to at least 2gb to boost the overall Windows performance and call it a day. You don't really have options to work with other then starting from scratch all over.

Well, USB 3 isn't something to look for in a budget motherboard at all, as only the high end boards are going to have it for a while.

The OP doesn't seem to need a phenom II, an athlon X2 or X3 should be plenty compared to the current rig.

OP: if you still want to upgrade your current computer, we will need a model number off the motherboard to see which ones are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom