Does anybody see a problem with this motherboard ram combo?

No you do not have to worry. Those are just certified compatible. You just just have to make sure the motherboard supports the type or RAM and the speed of the RAM.

Are you planning on getting that mobo? I'd advise against it. LGA 775 is on its way out. Intel's moved to two newer, better configurations. (1336 for high end cpus, 1156 for everything else) There's also newer DDR3 RAM.

If it's an office computer or something you'll probably be ok, but if it's a home computer that you want to keep current you'll run into problems. And of course if you already have the system my point is moot, lol.

Are you planning on getting that mobo? I'd advise against it. LGA 775 is on its way out. Intel's moved to two newer, better configurations. (1336 for high end cpus, 1156 for everything else) There's also newer DDR3 RAM.

If it's an office computer or something you'll probably be ok, but if it's a home computer that you want to keep current you'll run into problems. And of course if you already have the system my point is moot, lol.

I'm trying to keep it CHEAP.

What would you recommend that is upgradeable?

THanks

I had a Pentium D duo 2.8 ghz I was going to use. Already have a SATA HD and case but that is it. I would need MOBO ram and dvd burner.

Thanks

Hmm. PD 2.8Ghz, isn't the best, but not the worst. However, if you are going to be doing any gaming with this computer, you definitely will want something more powerful, and should get either an AM3 or newer Intel build. I can throw something together if you'd like.

Do you have an ATX or mATX case?

I was using it because I had it around. ($$$) I guess when the MOBO comes in I can test the CPU make sure it works and ebay. Then I was thinking e6300 intel 2.8 ghz.

A) What is your ultimate budget to get a computer running
B) What do you plan to do with it (game? internet use? what?)
Ca) How long do you want it to last?
Cb) Do you want something upgradeable for the future?

Back
Top Bottom