Power Supply?

airsoftkid

In Runtime
I'm trying to finish building this computer, and I needed 1 more part... Prolly the part I should've bought second, but decided to buy it last for some reason.

I need a power supply, that will fit a Gateway FX mBTX case. With a Intel D945PAW motherboard, also have:
Nvidia 9500 GS 512 Megabyte Graphics card
2 Gigabytes of Dell DDR2
a CD/DVD writer drive
No floppy
a 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 processor
a Soundblaster Sound card
and a Wireless Card, prolly trendnet.

And now here comes the question, would this power supply work with all of that?
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ES-650BLUE-12&cpc=SCH

I really don't want to spend over 25 dollars, really, on the power supply, and this one looked like it would work well, but that is the main part of a computer I never really payed attention to, so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

The only thing is.......I don't think you'll be able to put an aftermarket psu in a Gateway case. You may have problems installing the other components too.

It will be very difficult to find a new PSU that will work in the case. Some of the parts may be a tight squeeze. I would start searching used product sites like ebay and craigslist. That power supply is ATX format which means that it will not fit properly in your case unless you start doing some modification. Have fun and I wish you luck in completing your project. But it may be difficult to find a working part.

I posted a BTX compatible PSU a while back in another thread of your where you asked the same question. Go check that out.

Back
Top Bottom