Can't delete program

jetsmell

In Runtime
I installed a screen saver, I want it deleted, went to change/remove, but it won't work. got a pop up asking if I want it removed, I click ok, but nothing.:confused:

Rofl, authintic "wrong section" post.

Well, run Malwarebytes. You probably downloaded the program from one of those popups or banners because you thought they look cool, sometimes those are bad.

-Q

Look in C:\Windows\system32 and do a search for .scr that will bring up all the screensaver files that exist on the computer if it is not in there you are looking at a virus.

Sometimes it can remove them from the Control Panel but will not remove the .scr file that can be hidden inside.

It looks like adware. I would use malware anti-bytes to remove it. Go here http://www.techsrt.com/Remove_Viruses.html to download it and it has other utilities that can help you. Another thing to try is google windows installer clean up. This is a microsoft utility that will show you all the programs installed in your computer and you can basically "yank" that program out of your computer. This has helped me a lot when the "add/remove" feature in windows doesn't work so well.

Back
Top Bottom