How often do you have fill up liquid....?

edward1953

Beta member
I have heard that there are CPU Cooling Fans that use water instead the air?
When you fill the tank uo with water how many working hours will it last?

Do liquid CPU cooling fans make less or more noise than the air ones?

I have heard that there are CPU Cooling Fans that use water instead the air?

Your refering to water-cooling loops. These consist of CPU water-blocks, water pumps, radiators, resevoir, tubing and fans for the rads. Water conducts heat much better than air and is the reason people with OC'd rigs go for water cooling loops over air cooling. Also you can add your GPU, RAM and motherboard chipset into the water cooling loop too.

When you fill the tank uo with water how many working hours will it last?

Not sure with this one but I reckon you would top up as necessary then flush the system completely if needed. There are closed loop systems now that are about the same money as an expensive HSF but will out perform the latter. These closed loop cooling systems don't need topping up or a fluid change.

Do liquid CPU cooling fans make less or more noise than the air ones?

In both air and water cooling set ups this depends on the fans them selves and the heatsink/radiator. Although i'd say you will need less fans with a water cooling rig so it will be quieter than the same rig with air cooling.

As Remeniz has stated, it is not necessary to do any work to closed loop coolers such as the Corsair H50.

A normal liquid cooling system only needs to be "topped" (Which is filling the entire loop with blocks and letting air bubbles out) once.

The pump can also add significant noise depending on the model and how it is mounted.

Once you have got your system set up you will want to make sure your system is fully topped up. You will want to use more then water, like a fish tank you will want to add some anti algae solution. I personally flush the complete system every 4 months when I am doing a rework of my case. The fans will span a larger area and will spin at slower speeds which will reduce the noise. The pump will make some noise but definitely less then a 4 fan air design.

Back
Top Bottom