Ways for a teen to make money...

I've been where you are

Do you have access to any starting funds, or possess any skills talents or higher knowledge areas?

I've been where you are

Do you have access to any starting funds, or possess any skills talents or higher knowledge areas?

I have about $240 right now.

I am very smart (not trying to brag)! On NJHS and in all advanced placement classes in 8th grade. I might want to tutor... don't know where to start though.

I am a pretty well-known piano player (mom is a teacher).

I am kind of into electronics and technology and can repair things. I was thinking maybe iPods/xBox 360 red-ring-of-death

do work around your house check you local cragslisted wanted section you might have something someone else wants
local paper? i did it for 2 years saved up about 1500$ mostly tips
put your money in the bank when you aint using it so your not tempted to use it and it might gain intrest who knows

do work around your house check you local cragslisted wanted section you might have something someone else wants
local paper? i did it for 2 years saved up about 1500$ mostly tips
put your money in the bank when you aint using it so your not tempted to use it and it might gain intrest who knows

I will. But, the thing is, I don't really want to sell a lot of my crap. I think I might look around for awesome deals (like "used deal of the week" at GameStop) and then sell them on eBay or Amazon for more. I've done this before, and with the money I have now, I could seriously get a lot of profit in just a couple sales if i buy a lot of one really good deal!

as i said in the other thread about your computer, get a job handing out flyers around your neighbourhood. if you get the right route then you can make around $100 a month with around 2 hours of work a week.

as i said in the other thread about your computer, get a job handing out flyers around your neighbourhood. if you get the right route then you can make around $100 a month with around 2 hours of work a week.

Sounds good. But what do I do? Say I need a job because I need the money to build a computer?

they dont care why you want the job, everyone knows that if you say anything other than "i want money" then you're lying.

Do you live in a neighborhood with a lot of people? Within walking or biking distance? Offer to do work for people if they pay you. I see you live in michigan, you could shovel lots of snow for people, driveways, sidewalks. Then when spring time comes I'm sure there will be a lot of yard work there too that people wouldn't mind paying a young kid for. Cut grass, plant flowers, spread mulch.....etc.

Most people will appreciate the fact that you are young and you have the ambition to do work so you can earn money. I'm sure they won't mind paying you.

Back
Top Bottom