Build Guide for Teens

you could always sell things for cash i sold my ps3 and xbox 360 for 500 and bought myself a computer make sacrafises

Thanks! You're actually being helpful and not telling me I can't get anywhere! I'm not going to sell that stuff, but thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll find money some other way; I've already sold a lot of my systems. Plus, my current-generation systems are family-owned, so I don't really think I can convince my brother to sell my xBox :rolleyes: :p

No, that's not the message I was trying to send.

Stick around and read other threads while you are waiting. When you have questions, come back to this thread and ask them. There's no such thing as a dumb question. Well, unless it's something you can easily google to find haha. We want you to stick around here at CF, we always enjoy new members!

Lol, sorry. I got cranky! (I'm sick) I will take your advice.

I also understand that it's hard to get into the mind of a 13 year old. I sounded just like you at 13...wanting to make some serious cash and thinking that I could.

I'm just telling you that for a lot of people, that doesn't happen. I'm more of a "realist". I don't have big dreams. I figure, if you fail at them, it's just harder to get back on the horse so-to-speak. If you have reasonable goals, then when you achieve them over time, you feel more confident and feel that you've accomplished things. Slow and steady wins the race, my friend! :)

unless michigan is a whole ton different than alberta then you should be able to get a job handing out flyers around your neighbourhood. thats what i did until i was old enough to get a better job at DQ. the first job is always the hardest to get. if you get a route with a hill or two in it then you can make around a $100 a month.

And always remember that ANY money is better than none. I see people who would rather sit around at their houses and do nothing than go work a job at Burger King or something because "they don't get paid enough to do that".

I can agree that buying and selling ipods is a good idea. It's not risky, per say as you can clearly state in your personal or online sale that the item is a refurb and no warranty is offered. But, you won't always get one that is an easy fix. So be prepared to lose money sometimes. Occasionally, the device will be fubar. I would stick to personal transactions to make life a lot easier on yourself. Sell them at your school cheaply. Hell, the cheaper you can sell them and still make a minimum of 20 dollar profit, the better. You want it to be a steal, not a killing.

And always remember that ANY money is better than none. I see people who would rather sit around at their houses and do nothing than go work a job at Burger King or something because "they don't get paid enough to do that".

I can agree that buying and selling ipods is a good idea. It's not risky, per say as you can clearly state in your personal or online sale that the item is a refurb and no warranty is offered. But, you won't always get one that is an easy fix. So be prepared to lose money sometimes. Occasionally, the device will be fubar. I would stick to personal transactions to make life a lot easier on yourself. Sell them at your school cheaply. Hell, the cheaper you can sell them and still make a minimum of 20 dollar profit, the better. You want it to be a steal, not a killing.

That's true. I could sell them at school, and it can be risky. But, I'm OCD when it comes to technology (static will be a huge OCD challenge for me... haha) so I'll probably be super careful and take about 2 hours to fix a screen!

I think I might just look for iPods with broken LCDs for now, then I'll start getting into more complicated stuff when I'm more familiar with iPods. Then, I can start making more profit to put towards my computer. I'm a very determined person. :p People know me for that -- If I want to get something done, I do it. :D

unless michigan is a whole ton different than alberta then you should be able to get a job handing out flyers around your neighbourhood. thats what i did until i was old enough to get a better job at DQ. the first job is always the hardest to get. if you get a route with a hill or two in it then you can make around a $100 a month.

It is, now. Things are extremely different. People in my neighborhood would KILL to have a job like that, but everyone is fighting for the same thing, and everyone is in a financial crisis right now. I don't think somebody is going to pay me $20 to shovel a driveway when they can barely afford their house payment because they just got laid off from their car company jobs! (MICHIGAN!!) It's crazy. I did have a babysitting job and a dog walking job, but they both had to let me go because they just didn't see it worth their money anymore. I don't think yo understand: I hand out flyers like every month! Nobody is going to hire me :eek:

I also understand that it's hard to get into the mind of a 13 year old. I sounded just like you at 13...wanting to make some serious cash and thinking that I could.

I'm just telling you that for a lot of people, that doesn't happen. I'm more of a "realist". I don't have big dreams. I figure, if you fail at them, it's just harder to get back on the horse so-to-speak. If you have reasonable goals, then when you achieve them over time, you feel more confident and feel that you've accomplished things. Slow and steady wins the race, my friend! :)

I'm a dreamer :D
I'm not saying this is going to be easy, but I'm just saying I'll do whatever it takes. If it takes being risky and risking my money - I'll do it! If it's something that will be fun, and I'll like doing it, why discourage me not to do it?

i got hired to work at DQ after handing out flyers for 2 years, its a hard job and if you stick with it for a while then employers like that. after that i got hired at mcdonalds and now i work as a computer sales guy at best buy. a job will offer you more than a fixing and selling ipods, i doubt that you can make over one grand a year fixing ipods. with my job right now i made $2000 in 4 months. try to get a real job, maybe your school might want someone to help out in the library before/after school. i know that my school hires students to help out.

if you still have that many questions there
Click Here
it will take you through step by step

Holy Crap!!
thanks!

i got hired to work at DQ after handing out flyers for 2 years, its a hard job and if you stick with it for a while then employers like that. after that i got hired at mcdonalds and now i work as a computer sales guy at best buy. a job will offer you more than a fixing and selling ipods, i doubt that you can make over one grand a year fixing ipods. with my job right now i made $2000 in 4 months. try to get a real job, maybe your school might want someone to help out in the library before/after school. i know that my school hires students to help out.

I'll check into that. But people can't legally hire 13-year-olds, right? (besides babysitting and mowing lawns -- cant do! winter -- but still)

Back
Top Bottom