Pc Running Unstable

uh...shit... its on right now....

i have one of the big fans u put in house for people infront of it.....its not cooling right is it
i have pushpin fans on it...maybe its not set right?

Yeah. You definitely didn't do it right. I'm serious. Turn it off before you do any damage. I'm not joking around. Take the HSF back off, clean off the thermal paste with a Q-tip and a little rubbing alcohol, dry it well, apply some new thermal paste (size of ONE grain of puffed white rice) and then reapply. Did you apply the HSF right the first time? Did you criss-cross when you applied it? -->

Pin1...Pin2
---\--/
----\/
----/\
---/--\
Pin3...Pin4

Secure pin1, then pin4, then pin3, then pin2 (or any criss-cross pattern)

okay okay calm down...i changed my fan....the one that i had was a pushpin fan and i think it loosened up when it was spinning, when i tried to re-apply it one of the pushpins broke so i applied my old fan which is making my cpu hit 51C
how's that?

Still not great. Better, but as soon as it's under load it's going to shoot way back up again. I think you are going to need to consider purchasing a new HSF.

heat sink fan. basically slang for the whole assembly that goes on the cpu.

do you know how to properly mount an HSF? I can link you to a guide.

Looks like Dude got to this one first, so I won't bother, but...

LOL, I saw your stuff on the last page... can't remember if it was 70 or 90 degrees...

LOL, that made my day and we're only 30 minutes in to it.

-Q

Eh, the hell with it.

Make sure you have the airflow right/ the fans blowing the right way. There should be a guide that came with the case..
I'm sure you have it... well your computer is really hot :p

Here's a basic idea :p

i know how to mount an HSF but the thing is they were pushpins and they kept on loosen up and when it finally was tight and we turned it on, i guess later on it loosened up again so i screwed that HSF and i grabbed my old fan again that has screws and screwed that mofo back into my pc but its not doing such a good cooling jobs, im still between 50-60C degrees

now its hitting 70 D:

Back
Top Bottom