So you thought your PC was strong?

That's a Compaq Evo D310. I have the same rig which I occasionally use as a backup. I've decked mine out, though.

You'd be amazed at how often a perfectly good computer gets thrown out. I know some of my dads noob friends who actually threw out their computers just because they got a virus. They thought if a computer gets a virus its ruined. This computer wasn't bad at all they actually had like an amd 64 3600 single core computer that they just threw away. Another guy was actually going to give me his laptop for free since it had a bad virus and would blue screen so he thought it was screwed. fortunately for him I'm not an a**hole and I fixed it for him for 60 bucks.

If anyone sees a computer out by the trash always take it and if it doesn't work refer to my stress management methods previously mentioned

You'd be amazed at how often a perfectly good computer gets thrown out. I know some of my dads noob friends who actually threw out their computers just because they got a virus. They thought if a computer gets a virus its ruined. This computer wasn't bad at all they actually had like an amd 64 3600 single core computer that they just threw away. Another guy was actually going to give me his laptop for free since it had a bad virus and would blue screen so he thought it was screwed. fortunately for him I'm not an a**hole and I fixed it for him for 60 bucks.

Good for you man, really. I do the same thing. People are always like "well, I should probably just get a new one huh?"...I could easily tell them that and then build them something new, but I'm also not a complete jackass.

no basically I didn't try any electronic device that was in the back and assumed they wouldn't work since it had rained for quite a few days before I found the stuff. I did however have a blast stacking the old monitors up and whipping beer bottles at them for a few hours. Its a good way to relieve stress and get aggressions out.

Me and my friend did something like that not too long ago. We made a "room" in his garage and taped the whole thing to out on youtube. We put old CTR monitors on a table and tested to see whether crowbars, bats, or 100 lbs rocks were the most destructive. Surprisingly the crowbar won. The bat actually really hurt and barely scratched the glass.. this is an aluminum bat mind you.

Good for you man, really. I do the same thing. People are always like "well, I should probably just get a new one huh?"...I could easily tell them that and then build them something new, but I'm also not a complete jackass.

X2. That's what I do.

There was a time when I was in a computer shop just looking around and a guy came in with a virus on his computer asked if it could be fixed and the guys there said no. But I said I could fix it for a like $20. Yeah I got myself kicked out of that place for good, but it felt awesome. Lol.

If anyone sees a computer out by the trash always take it and if it doesn't work refer to my stress management methods previously mentioned

Good for you my friend.

And method noted..

so did you fix it for him then?

And yes. Lol.

When good fortune smiles on you and all it takes is a little time on your part to make them work, you should pass your good fortune on to others.
Maybe give your "working find" to some one less fortunate than you that doesn't have a computer. Load an OS and some programs on it that will run in the hardware enviroment.
Or even raffle it off. 25 cents a ticket. Have a drawing to see who gets it.
Just my thoughts...

Where I lived before there was a library that was in pretty rough shape tech wise a block away in the small village I lived in. last time I checked (2 years ago) they were running win 95 still and their "new" computer was a p3 with win2000. I would have donated a computer to them if I had one I didn't need. Unfortunately in my old neighbourhood everyone was a pack rat and never threw anything like that out. They all lived in old houses and had huge attics to store all their old stuff lol. They did however have a day once a year called toxic material garbage day where you could throw out old electronics and there was a few decent pickings but nothing that was ever salvageable since kids went around the night before and smashed everything.

There was a time when I was in a computer shop just looking around and a guy came in with a virus on his computer asked if it could be fixed and the guys there said no. But I said I could fix it for a like $20. Yeah I got myself kicked out of that place for good, but it felt awesome. Lol.

I'm always so tempted to do that at best buy, but I know it'd be soliciting or loitering or whatever it's called, and I'd get thrown for good. Boo. I hate watching people throw their money away.

Me too... My parents bought a 1200 dollar Dell which i could've built for 300 without the monitor at the time.

Back
Top Bottom