Build Guide for Teens

He's settling for awfully low end parts with a 400 dollar budget. My Media build kicks ass and I only paid 320 shipped. (300 initially with the patriot RAM of which I disapproved.)

MB
CPU if you will be OCing and gaming in the future or this CPU if you will be running multi-threaded apps
RAM
HDD (or keep that one you initially found for $50 that was a 500GB, I don't care)
DVD
CASE
PSU

Total is around $415 give or take with shipping and after rebates.

I really am not sure why you are so concerned with this if you aren't building until March. Everything will be vastly different by then. Why don't you just save your money and build it then?...

+1 to this build and why dont you wait maybe build yourself a i3 build down the road

yah i3 is cheaper and its a mean cpu overclock like a bitch but a quad is good for multithreaded things

The i3 is a dual core dual threaded. Effectively in OS a quad core. Technically a triple core because a hyper thread isn't nearly as powerful as physical core.

hey!

thanks, everyone for the suggestions!

I only have 230 but im gonna buy broken ipods && sell em to make more moolah. i tryinh to get the most bang-for-my-buck under 350. and no, im selling the one tht comes with the case on eBay

Back
Top Bottom