So you thought your PC was strong?

lhuser

Golden Master
Wait t'il I tell you this:

My buddy and I were doing some drifting on an abandoned road, and all of a sudden, I come next to a black thing lying there.

It's a PC...submerged in snow. The system looked in horrible condition and was missing it's front door panel.
I'm not giving up on that, that's for sure. So there I go, take it home, try it out, and it won't start. PSUs fine, but not the board.

So I let it rest for 2 weeks, and give it a shot before it meets the wall, and to my suprise, it works. So, next thing is that I put all peripherals back and the thing...POSTS!

A submerged computer in snow, was fully restored, less a door.

All it needed was a CPU clip, since the other one broke, leaving the fan hanging by a tie wrap. It now works flawlessly, and it's sitting in my computer parking.

Specs:
P4 2.0
512MB RAM (I added)
80GB HDD (I added)
DVD Drive
Floppy
300W PSU

You truely can depend on your Compaq Evos!

compaq3.jpg

I got that off Google. It's plastic...aluminum...would have been kind of odd...branded PCs barely come with aluminum parts in the front.

Yea, you'd assume plastic and be right % of the time. Good find, i found 1gb of DDR RAM in a junker at the side of the road a month or two ago and chucked it into my 256mb XP machine downstairs, helped a heap and saved that PC from scrapping.

I wish I could find all these junked systems... Best deal I've seen lately I missed by like a week. $120 for a C2D E6400, ASUS mobo, 4GB Corsair, 120Gb Seagate, and EVGA 7600GS. Oh well.

A few years ago I found a p1 computer in the back of an abandoned 1970s truck in the forest behind my house. Still worked though since it was in the cab for some reason and not the back. In the back there were a couple of monitors, a printer, a toaster and about 30 beer bottles. Only the computer worked though.

no basically I didn't try any electronic device that was in the back and assumed they wouldn't work since it had rained for quite a few days before I found the stuff. I did however have a blast stacking the old monitors up and whipping beer bottles at them for a few hours. Its a good way to relieve stress and get aggressions out.

Back
Top Bottom